X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to post a new thread / test Florida

Hi,

Tried to post in Maternity section earlier but when I click submit or preview post, I get a blank screen. And no post happens. I guess if this post gets through then at least I know I *can* post somewhere.

Very weird... so obviously the post above went through, but upon seeing that I headed to the Maternity Leave section again and it's still giving me a blank screen when I try to post a new thread. Why?

Comment

Same here

The same thing happened to me in Ca Labor Laws. Twice I tried. I thought maybe it was too long, so I shortened it. I spent a lot of time with a Zero Sum!

Comment

Hi JollySue,

I see now that you have 13 posts under your belt... What happened that allowed you to post?

I tried the same post in Maternity Leave again today without success.
        Last edited by prettygrin; 05-27-2008, 06:15 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi RonaldG,

Thanks for your reply. I tried again after you posted your reply, just as you described. When I submit the new thread, my browser goes from the "new post" page:

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/newthrea...newthread&f=34

To a blank page:

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/newthrea...ostthread&f=34

I tried in Firefox and also in Internet Explorer. What's especially strange is that I can post here in this forum, but not in Maternity Leave. Haven't tried elsewhere as I don't have any other questions at the moment and I don't want to clutter up the forums.

Comment

prettygrin, I am the moderator for the Maternity Leave forum. So that you can get your question answered, while Ronald is working on your posting issue, why don't you try asking the question in either the Labor Law forum, which can be used as more or less a generic catch-all forum, or else in the forum for your state (Look under OSHA). Even if it's a maternity leave question, it's not a terribly big deal if you post it elsewhere as long as it's at least marginally related.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I gave up

I gave up trying to post the new thread in the OSHA CA Labor Laws. I went over to the Overtime (or something) forum and pasted a new thread there instead, prettygrin.

I just was letting you and the mods know that there was a bug someplace that wasn't just you.

Comment

I really don't want to be a pest, but I got the same blank screen when trying to post in Labor Laws this AM. I guess I could try another part of the forum? I hate to give up. But in case my Q could be answered easily here, and since I can indeed post here, I'll include it:

SUBJECT: What is appropriate amt of time for maternity leave? Florida

Hi,

We are a small business with no policies in place for maternity leave. I have an employee expecting a baby due in October.

We are not under FMLA or any state mandates for specified amounts of leave time. I have read on this forum that an employer should allow time off that would be comparable to a similar reason for medical leave (like a broken arm or such). My question is - what is that amount of time? Is there a standard number of weeks/months for a normal birth? A C-section?

PS Tried to post this in maternity leave but could not (I've already let the mods know).

Comment

Neither Federal nor Florida law requires any particular set amount of time for either medical or maternity leave, if FMLA does not apply. Federal law requires that whatever you offer for maternity leave not be less than you offer for non-maternity leave.

Whatever you offer for non-maternity leaves, whether that be 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, or six months, (or something else altogether) is what you need to offer for maternity leave. Usually 6-8 weeks is considered standard for maternity leave, but there is no state or Federally mandated amount. It's entirely up to you what to offer, with the qualification noted above.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Hi cbg,

Thanks for the info! If 6-8 weeks would be considered an average, I will likely go by that. We do not have a policy in place for "leaves" of any kind... we're just that informal. But I do want to know that I'm setting up this employee for maternity leave legally, and similarly to other businesses.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X