This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software issue

I've just been made aware of a potential problem with some rather nasty bots that are making their way through the internet looking for security holes on vBulletin sites. This information, which comes from a source I trust and is speaking from personal experience, informs me that a problem I was having on this site that I had attributed to my ISP and/or software configuration, is actually indicative that the version of vBulletin used by this site is not secure. She recommends that the owners of the site upgrade immediately to the newest version of vBulletin, which is more secure.

A more detailed description of this problem has been e-mailed to the webmaster.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Thanks for the info. We will try to get the site updated asap.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up cbg. We have already started making the updates and should be up and running the newest version of vBulletin by tomorrow.

Comment

Glad you were able to make the updates before it was too late!
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The site has been completely upgraded to the latest version. Thanks again for your help on this.

Tom

Comment

You're very welcome. This site has become very important to me and I'd hate to have it hacked the way my friend's site was.

I do have a couple of questions about the new software (I deleted some spam this morning and am wondering how to deal with it) but I'll contact you off line for that.

Comment

Working...
            X