A new record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new record

Twenty pages of spam when I logged on. Twenty. Three real posts. And some of the spam was attached to threads that had already been locked.

How are we doing on the locking project, btw?

Thanks to all our rock star mods who had soft deleted tons of it before I got there.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Can overseas ISP's be put on temporary hold until reviewed?

I want to post and update my post, but they keep getting locked due to being a spam magnet. I am removing 10 to 15 a night myself from home because of the notifications.

Thanks to all spam killers.

Comment

Want me to unlock your post right now?

P.S. This offer ends at 11:00 am EST, when I will be logging off.
      Last edited by cbg; 06-23-2013, 06:49 AM.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Man, it's simple, now. For now. Instead of dealing with them individually, delete them in groups.
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
          Want me to unlock your post right now?

P.S. This offer ends at 11:00 am EST, when I will be logging off.
          Yes! Surgery was a few days ago. Thank you!

Comment

Just caught me in time. On my way.

ETA: All set. If it keeps getting spammed, we'll lock it again after you post your update.
            Last edited by cbg; 06-23-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

I deleted a bunch of spam before I went off around 3:30am cst (but not 20 pages). All 20 pages must have been posted since I went off & you came on later this morning - good grief!!! Those spammers are fast & so many of them.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I thought the day I deleted 16 pages was bad.
                I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

I have deleted in the teens (believe just once though) but never 20.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Just deleted 4 pages of spam - need to go off the forum now. 1:30pm cst

Thanks panther for the soft deletes you did.

Comment

That's not a record I hope to see broken soon, but I fear that we are seeing an upward trend.
                      David K. Staub (www.illinoisbusinessattorney.com)
                      Forum posts are not legal advice, are for informational and educational purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with legal counsel.

Comment

I'm back (for a while) - going to a Cardinals ball game later.

1 page currently - sometimes a spammer will do multiple threads/posts though.

Comment

12 pages spam deleted though some spammers did more than 1 thread/post & that makes for more threads/posts & pages.

Comment

Only two pages to delete at 10:15 pm, PST.
                            I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

I got it - thanks for the soft deletes.

Comment

Working...
                              X