X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammer aboard

This user spammed: assickusagnip

They are now gone - thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Are we seeing an uptick in spam? I've deleted some every morning this week.
      I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, we are. It's nowhere near what it used to be, but it's definitely on the upswing.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yes, I usually delete several late evening/very early morning.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
            Yes, I usually delete several late evening/very early morning.
            And often in Cyrillic.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
              And often in Cyrillic.
              Yep some - as a matter of fact, just deleted one now.

Comment

Lets all remember when several hundred spams messages was a light day. I am not saying that what we are seeing today is fun and games, but as stated, this can be much worse.
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I don't see where anyone was complaining about the amount of current spam
                  (considering how much we used to get) - just that we have seen a pick up in
                  it recently.

Comment

Most of the Cyrillic ones are all coming from the same IP address; at least, most of the ones I've seen. Do all the mods know how to check that?
                    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I do & same here re IP address.

Comment

Here is another prolific spammer

jakesparoo

Comment

jakesparoo has been taken care of.
                          I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Is there any way we can set it so a moderator has to approve a post from a new user before it shows up or no?

Comment

I'll pass that suggestion up the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X