No announcement yet.

Spammer aboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off the subject, but I would like to see a "thumbs up" set up. There have been some excellent posts lately.

Comment

I think the ladies are doing exceptionally well, myself. I have yet to find any spam, now I'm forgetting how to delete it! lol!

Keep up the good work ladies!
      I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
      Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
      I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
      Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Thank you, CJ.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by RRPayroll View Post
          Is there any way we can set it so a moderator has to approve a post from a new user before it shows up or no?
          I don't think "currently" spam is that big of a problem. We don't get anywhere near
          the amount we used to get.

If we had a moderator review a post before it shows up & there is no moderator on
          when a poster posts, there could be a hold up in getting a legitimate post posted &
          replied to.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I just got the word back down the line.

For the reason articulated by Betty, above, and because of some of the limits of the software, we will not be making this change at this time.

If the spam problem increases, we can always revisit the suggestion.

The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

?? You need guidance along with guidance in your current remedy ??

I wish I knew what these spamers were using to translate from the mother tongue to English.
                I swear sometimes a drunken chicken could do a better job of it...

Comment

Yep, they are usually pretty easy to spot.

Comment

I think they are using this site to do it for them.

http://www.engrish.com/create-your-own-engrish/

One of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                    X