I am a 16 yr old Mom..need LEGAL advice West Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a 16 yr old Mom..need LEGAL advice West Virginia

I just had my Baby Boy 6-26-08....My mother is keeping the father away from him.... I have asked to go to his house so he can spend time with his Baby, but she says I have to leave him with her....Do I have to leave him....OR.... can I just pack his stuff & take him with me no matter what she says.... PLEASE all the advice u have to give me.... PLEASE do so.... I am very desperate for his father to get to see him while he is a Baby.... We want to raise this child together.... I think she should be happy that his father is willing to help with things.... I mean he is 16 & working almost a full time job.... Please help, I need to know what I have the RIGHT to do with / for my child.... Thanks, Michelle

Originally posted by Michelle P View Post
    I just had my Baby Boy 6-26-08....My mother is keeping the father away from him.... I have asked to go to his house so he can spend time with his Baby, but she says I have to leave him with her....Do I have to leave him....OR.... can I just pack his stuff & take him with me no matter what she says.... PLEASE all the advice u have to give me.... PLEASE do so.... I am very desperate for his father to get to see him while he is a Baby.... We want to raise this child together.... I think she should be happy that his father is willing to help with things.... I mean he is 16 & working almost a full time job.... Please help, I need to know what I have the RIGHT to do with / for my child.... Thanks, Michelle
    First thing Monday morning you need to go to your CSE agency and file for paternity, CS, custody and visitation.

Once a court has ordered visitation, your mother cannot stop your child's father from seeing his child. However, because you are still a minor, your mother can stop you from going to the father's house.

Comment

Until paternity is established, your boyfriend has no legal right to the child at all.

Until YOU are 18, your boyfriend has no legal right to see you if your parents forbid it.

Tell your boyfriend to file for paternity. Tell him to go to court and establish visitation. You will file for CS.

If you wanted your boyfriend to help with the baby from birth, you should have waited until you were 18 to have a baby.
      Last edited by cyjeff; 07-05-2008, 08:11 AM.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Parents can be so stubborn when their 15 year old daughter gets pregnant by someone they do not like.

There are also other laws that come into play.

Now you and the father have to work your lives around a baby. What about school and college? What about a career for the father so he can pay the bills?

Time to have a HONEST talk with everyone involved. That means nobody is allowed to walk out of the room because it is not going their way.

Make a list of everything you think is important, then review it. Life is hard when you have a child at a young age without help. Your mother is helping. Time for that heart to heart talk. You are not her little girl in your mind, but you are in hers.

Comment

I have to say that I find it hard to think I would like ANY man that impregnates my 15 year old daughter.

And it is also easy for me to imagine that the new grandparents may want to keep the new parents apart...
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
          X