No announcement yet.

West Virginia- Name Change

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • West Virginia- Name Change

    hey guys,

    I'm a mother of a wonderful 8-month old. the father is named on the birth cetificate.The father doesn't come to see my son but once a week if we are lucky, just recently started paying Suupport, but i have only gotten like 100. of the 300. a month that i was suppposed to get. He didn't help out before i took him to court. What do i have to do for them to change my son's last name!


  • #2
    good question

    good question. I am in a simalilar situation and when my fiance and I get married I would like to change my daughters last name. Let me know if you find anything out!


    • #3
      You have to get Dad to consent or get a court order. The odds of getting a court order to strip the father's name from the child's when the father IS a part of the child's life are slim to none, and Slim left town last week.

      A name is a name is a name.

      ETA: AAARGH!!! This thread is 2 years old. Stace, please stop dredging up dead threads. This isn't the first.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)