Child Support in Virginia Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support in Virginia Virginia

Okay my Husband and I have a 4yr old and 3 yr old together and Are currently expecting our third baby in August.

My husband and I split in 2007 for 3 months on and off,in the mean time he got a 17 yr old pregnant.When we got back togerther she told him she was having an abortion and we never heard anything form her again,well May 2009 we received child suuport papers in the mail,from her!!! What a shock as we didnt even know she had the baby!!! At this time the kid is 9 months old! We go thru court get a DNA test and it comes back his,the day they was to award her the money she called the courts saying she "forgot" and they dismissed it.Well 2 days later she re-files and we are still going thru it now.

My question is cant something be done to her for NOT letting him know about his child for so long? The baby has NEVER met my husband and has no idea who he is and will be 2 in august!! The child is calling another man daddy who she has been with since the child was born,She said she doesnt want him seeing the kid just to pay for it!! I agree he needs to pay for his child but my hubby worked construction and lost his job in August 2009 we are currently on welfare till we can find another job,not proud but its what we have had to do!! We are enrolled in a prgram thru Social services that requires 36 +hours of job searching etc so we have proof he is lookin for a job,now that he doesnt have income will they make him pay? She is only 19 and doesnt work lives at home with her father and boyfriend who both work. What will come of this all? Any advice/help is appreciated!

Originally posted by ldavis2005 View Post
    Okay my Husband and I have a 4yr old and 3 yr old together and Are currently expecting our third baby in August.

My husband and I split in 2007 for 3 months on and off,in the mean time he got a 17 yr old pregnant.When we got back togerther she told him she was having an abortion and we never heard anything form her again,well May 2009 we received child suuport papers in the mail,from her!!! What a shock as we didnt even know she had the baby!!! At this time the kid is 9 months old! We go thru court get a DNA test and it comes back his,the day they was to award her the money she called the courts saying she "forgot" and they dismissed it.Well 2 days later she re-files and we are still going thru it now.

My question is cant something be done to her for NOT letting him know about his child for so long? The baby has NEVER met my husband and has no idea who he is and will be 2 in august!! The child is calling another man daddy who she has been with since the child was born,She said she doesnt want him seeing the kid just to pay for it!! I agree he needs to pay for his child but my hubby worked construction and lost his job in August 2009 we are currently on welfare till we can find another job,not proud but its what we have had to do!! We are enrolled in a prgram thru Social services that requires 36 +hours of job searching etc so we have proof he is lookin for a job,now that he doesnt have income will they make him pay? She is only 19 and doesnt work lives at home with her father and boyfriend who both work. What will come of this all? Any advice/help is appreciated!
    Your husband has a legal right to be a part of his child's life if he chooses.

He will need to file in court for a visitation order. Since he has never met the child, there will be a short period of supervised visitations to allow father and child to get to know each other, but then he should be able to get standard visitation. He should get a consult with a local attorney also.

Comment

Working...
    X