This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jesika31 View Post
    You advise is not sound you had the balls to attack a mother about her child. Who wouldn't get mad and simmer down you sound like the one that needs to like you are taking it personal as if you are the one I'm talking about. So get off your high hourse. Like I said I am different from the rest of these people out here who have 4 kids by 4 differnt bab daddy's and in turn those 4 different daddy's have more kids. It's an ugly cycle that does not include me. I was just asking if there was anything I could do for him that years down the road nobody can say I didn't atleast try.
    Sweetie, YOU are the one attacking a mother about her child. YOU are telling this other woman, this other MOTHER, that she is doing something wrong. YOU have no business inserting yourself or your son into THEIR lives.

You are not different from the rest of "these people." Sorry. You're not. It clearly is a cycle that includes you, or you wouldn't be here. You chose to have a child with this man who, apparently, doens't want to either contact the child or allow the child to contact his other children. That is his right.

Of course you can try. But you cannot force the issue, which you seem intent on doing by working a way around the mother and father's wishes by making a deal with the Grandmother. That is wrong. Like it or not.

All you can do is let your son know he has siblibings. When they are all adults, they can choose to have a relationship. Until then, what this woman and her husband do with THEIR OWN children is none of your business.

Comment

Let me help you out momofboys T.C.A. 36-6-306 google it beause you don't know jack about law. You are only giving advice because of your situation. I have read your previous posts from other people.
      Um, sweets, my "situation" is resolved. My son's father disappeared, then came back a few years later. He has regular visitaiton, he pays support, and my son has a loving and meaningful relationship with both of us. MY situation is nothing even close to yours, and frankly, based on my situation, I think it is in the best interest for parents and step parents to be deeply involved in the lives of their chidren and to make every effort to get along and have a lot of contact.

So now let's talk about your google experiment. Maybe you shoudl actually READ the law. T.C.A. 36-6-306, as mentioned, is law in TENNESSEE. But, the language is close to what is available for grandparents in every state.

Read closely, and you'll see, the law allows for Grandparents to apply for visitation if:

(1) Either the father or mother of an unmarried minor child is
      deceased;
      (2) The child’s father and mother are divorced or legally
      separated;
      (3) The child’s father or mother has been missing for not less than
      six (6) months; or
      (4) The court of another state has ordered grandparent visitation;
      then, the parents of such deceased person or the parents of either
      of such divorced or separated persons or the parents of the
      missing person may be granted reasonable visitation rights to the
      child during its minority by a court of competent jurisdiction upon
      a finding that such visitation rights are in the best interests of the
      minor child, based on the factors in 36-6-307(d)(2).
      Additionally, the petitioner has to prove that:

The factors referred to above in T.C.A. 36-6-307(d)(2) are (2) In determining the best interest of the child under this section,
      the court shall consider a number of factors, including but not
      limited to the following:
      (A) The length and quality of the prior relationship between the
      grandparent and the child;
      (B) The existing emotional ties of the child to the grandparent;
      (C) The preference of the child if the child is determined to be of
      sufficient maturity to express a preference;
      (D) The effect of hostility between the grandparent and the parent
      on the child manifested before the child, and the willingness of
      the grandparent, except in case of abuse, to encourage a close
      relationship between the child and the parent(s) or guardian(s) of
      the child;
      (E) The good faith of the grandparent in filing the petition;
      (F) If the parents are divorced or separated, the time-sharing arrangement that exists between the parents with respect to the
      child; and
      (G) If one (1) parent is deceased or missing, the fact that the
      grandparents requesting visitation are the parents of the deceased
      or missing person.
      The only way for grandma to file for visitation is IF the parents are divorced or one is deceased, and if it is in the child's best interest to continue that relationship based on a past relationship.

According to your first post, Dad and the childrens' mother are MARRIED. Because of that ONE fact, Grandma has no standing to file for visitaiton. The courts do not interfere with intact families.

Learn the law before you tell others they don't understand it. Google is only your friend if you use it properly.
      Last edited by MomofBoys; 07-23-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Obviously you need either go to law school or a refresher course because you don't know too much. I feel sorry for the peopla actually taking your advice. She has just as much right to see her grandchildren and if that happens while my son is there then what's the problem. Plus she can't take leagal action against me, I have a RO against her. If you haven't noticed I said MY son. I have never talked about me being in the picture. Like I said I could careless about them.
        Additionally, you having an RO against her does not somehow disqualify her from being able to take legal action against YOU. It's not a first come, first serve thing.

If you are actively interfering in the lives of her children, then she can have a restraining order taken out to keep you AND your child AND the grandmother away from her children. No matter how many ROs you got first. Insert yourself or your son into her life, and she has every right to take action.

This response was simply ignorant.

Comment

I am not like these people on here I have already went to court as far as my son is concerned here in the state of VA. I figured I would ask a question to see if there was something to do because I am not going down to VA Beach court pay some money for a lost cause. And AGAIN I never mentioned anything about me being in the picture when my son's grandmother has his sisters. If my son is there at the same time there is nothing anybody can say including your precious selves. AGAIN let me mention I have not said I wanted to see her kids. It's always been about my son.

Comment

Their divorce will be finalized in 2 weeks. Just because she doesn't like me does not mean that his dad and I aren't in verbal company. I'm now done entertaining you idiots for the day who can just give a simple leagal answer like the first person did and leave it at that you had to put your personal anger of what happened to you invovled please don't reply.

Comment

I am not like these people on here I have already went to court as far as my son is concerned here in the state of VA. I figured I would ask a question to see if there was something to do because I am not going down to VA Beach court pay some money for a lost cause. And AGAIN I never mentioned anything about me being in the picture when my son's grandmother has his sisters. If my son is there at the same time there is nothing anybody can say including your precious selves. AGAIN let me mention I have not said I wanted to see her kids. It's always been about my son.
              You are a lost cause.

And you are so very very wrong.

If the childrens' mother does not want them around your son, she CAN do something about it. She CAN dictate who her children associates with. And if she says that they are not to have contact with your son, and Grandma ignores her, then she has the right to keep those children from the Grandmother. if Grandma continues to go against her wishes, then she has NO shot at visitation. NONE. Zero. Zip.

You have been asked repeatedly what your son's father thinks, and your lack of an answer makes it clear that he is in agreement with Mom. It doesn't matter that YOU don't want to see the children, you cannot FORCE those children to enter into a relationship with YOUR child. You. Can't. Do. It.

Based on your logic, Grandma can expose your child to whomever she wishes and there is nothing YOU can do about it. So when your son is with her, she can invite over a drug dealer, a prostitute, a handgun salesman, members of the KKK, members of a terrorist organization, a cult leader.... and there's NOTHING you can do about it. You are saying that once a child is in the hands of another adult, that child's parents no longer have any say in what the child can and cannot do, what the child can and cannot be exposed to. Based on your brilliant deduction, the grandmother could have the children baptised as Wiccan Devil Worshipers and Mom and Dad couldn't stop her.

YOU ARE WRONG. LEGAL guardians have complete control over the children.

Further, even if they are divorced (which I don't believe you for even one second, but I understand you had to try because you looked so extremely foolish, posting your google "law" when you didn't even understand it), that's not a guarantee that Grandma can get visitation. It is simply part of the criteria to apply. The final judgement is best interest of the child, and since Grandma plans to refuse to work WITH the mother and go against her wishes whenever possible, she has no shot at visitation.

Since we're idiots and you already know everything, why did you bother to ask?

Best of luck.

Comment

Their divorce will be finalized in 2 weeks. Just because she doesn't like me does not mean that his dad and I aren't in verbal company. I'm now done entertaining you idiots for the day who can just give a simple leagal answer like the first person did and leave it at that you had to put your personal anger of what happened to you invovled please don't reply.
                What happened to me, as I mentioned, is over, done with, and perfectly fine. My son has THREE loving parents. I have no anger, or personal involvement.

But I do get irritatied with people who are hypocrites (like saying another mother is doing something wrong while interfering in the lives of that woman's children at the SAME time), who ignore the law (like people who "find a way around" the wishes of another parent in order to get their own way like a spoiled little brat) and people who pretend to know what they do not know (like telling someone they don't understand the law when they cannot even quote statues correctly, or from the correct state).

Good luck then. Us idiots will be fine and dandy right here without you.

Comment

Okay, ladies. That will be enough.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
                  X