Wondering mother and stepmother Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering mother and stepmother Virginia

I have a few things to get off of my chest...I have a child from a previous relationship, my fiance has two, and we have two together. My fiance has custody of his two kids and their mother has visitation rights, but we don't always let them go see her. She is living with her boyfriend his daughter and her other two kids in a three bedroom house with a guy and his daughter that her boyfriend is friends with. So on the weekends that they have all of their kids they have 6 kids and them in this little house with this guy and his daughter. ( Are you still with me? ) So during the week when they have 3 kids, they share a room with this guys daughter, she sleeps on the top bunk and their three girls sleep on the bottom together with all of their feet hanging over the edge so there's room! Only her two girls are sisters. So what is she gonna do when all the kids are there? Is it okay to stop giving them to her because it's not really an adequate place for them to sleep in beds or something along those lines?

Like I said earlier my fiance and I have two kids together, yes we live together. What about the cohabitation law? Could that hurt us if we take it into court for her?

What do we do when she does come to get the kids in a Camaro with 2 adults in the front and at least one kid in the back? There aren't enough seat belts for all the kids! She has stopped by with the three girls all in the backseat so I know that she would do it with them. In the past she would have her oldest who was 5 at the time ride a 90 mile trip on the floor board of her minivan because she didn't have the 3rd row seat. How irresponsible can a person get? It's hard to take these things into court and prove them, right?

My fiance does owe back child support for when she had custody, last year she closed her case with DCSE, and he closed his, but they didn't drop it through the court. Since then she has only given maybe $80 to help with them! He needs to take her back to make her pay again but he is afraid that she will open hers back up and he will have to start paying on his arrears to her. Is there a way to stop that from happening? We need all we make to take care of all of our kids!

I'm so fed up with oh poor me from her. It's not my fault that she got herself into this mess and won't get herself out of it! I would also like to add that the oldest just turned 9 and she has lived in at least 25 different places with her mother! No stability there! Please point me in a good direction if you can!

Originally posted by mommy2mnm View Post
    I have a few things to get off of my chest...I have a child from a previous relationship, my fiance has two, and we have two together. My fiance has custody of his two kids and their mother has visitation rights, but we don't always let them go see her. She is living with her boyfriend his daughter and her other two kids in a three bedroom house with a guy and his daughter that her boyfriend is friends with. So on the weekends that they have all of their kids they have 6 kids and them in this little house with this guy and his daughter. ( Are you still with me? ) So during the week when they have 3 kids, they share a room with this guys daughter, she sleeps on the top bunk and their three girls sleep on the bottom together with all of their feet hanging over the edge so there's room! Only her two girls are sisters. So what is she gonna do when all the kids are there? Is it okay to stop giving them to her because it's not really an adequate place for them to sleep in beds or something along those lines?
    Is there a court order for visitation?
    If there is, your fiance MUST obey that order, if he doesn't he could be found in contempt. In worst case scenario he could lose custody.

Like I said earlier my fiance and I have two kids together, yes we live together. What about the cohabitation law? Could that hurt us if we take it into court for her?
    Your fiance should get a consult with a local attorney to find the answer to this question. A local attorney will know what the state laws are, and will know how your particular Judge normally rules in those situations.

What do we do when she does come to get the kids in a Camaro with 2 adults in the front and at least one kid in the back? There aren't enough seat belts for all the kids! She has stopped by with the three girls all in the backseat so I know that she would do it with them. In the past she would have her oldest who was 5 at the time ride a 90 mile trip on the floor board of her minivan because she didn't have the 3rd row seat. How irresponsible can a person get? It's hard to take these things into court and prove them, right?
    As I said, he must obey the court order. In the situation you describe he has to allow the child to go, but he should then call the police to report the problem, giving them a description of the car and the license plate number.

My fiance does owe back child support for when she had custody, last year she closed her case with DCSE, and he closed his, but they didn't drop it through the court. Since then she has only given maybe $80 to help with them! He needs to take her back to make her pay again but he is afraid that she will open hers back up and he will have to start paying on his arrears to her. Is there a way to stop that from happening? We need all we make to take care of all of our kids!
    He needs to file for a modification to get it straightened out. He MIGHT be able to convince the court to apply whatever she is ordered to pay to his arrears.

I'm so fed up with oh poor me from her. It's not my fault that she got herself into this mess and won't get herself out of it! I would also like to add that the oldest just turned 9 and she has lived in at least 25 different places with her mother! No stability there! Please point me in a good direction if you can!
    Your fiance should get a consult with a local attorney to see if he has enough proof for a chance at a change in custody.

Comment

Working...
    X