No announcement yet.

move out at 16 Vermont Vermont Vermont Vermont

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move out at 16 Vermont Vermont Vermont Vermont

hi i was wondering if it was legal or not to move out at the age of 16 if your parents give you permission. I want to move out with my boyfriend who is 18 again, but my mom says she wont give me permission until she knows that it is legal and that she is not going to get into any trouble for it. thanks.
    you can also email me: (deleted)
    Last edited by cbg; 03-23-2009, 03:24 PM.

If you saw some of the spam we get on this site, you wouldn't think of posting your e-mail address.

Is there a law prohibiting you from moving out at 16 with permission? No, there is not.

Can anyone call CPS and tell them that your mother has permitted her minor child to move in with a legal adult? You bet your sweet little hiney they can.

Would your mother be smart to lock you in your room and throw the key away until you get over the idea that you're old enough to be living on your own? Darn straight she would.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.