Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooooooray!!!!

F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- so
    that I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-)
    They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t !
    Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-)

pb...

currently enjoying the hell out of Peace Train...sung by that
    wretched and dangerous person formerly known as Cat Stevens.

Hooooooray!!!!

"pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- so that I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-) They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t ! Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-) pb... currently enjoying the hell out of Peace Train...sung by that wretched and dangerous person formerly known as Cat Stevens.
    Terrific, Patty!

Rupa

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

>Subject: Hooooooray!!!!
      From: "pb..." [email protected]Date: 9/30/2004 10:16 PM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- sothat I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-)They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t !Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-)pb...
      How cool, Patty. Now all you need is a turbo charged chair.

Dad

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

Hooray!
        Linda

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

"AdoptaDad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected]
          Subject: Hooooooray!!!!From: "pb..." [email protected]Date: 9/30/2004 10:16 PM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- sothat I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-)They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t !Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-)pb... How cool, Patty. Now all you need is a turbo charged chair. Dad
          So good to hear! Now you can come to Ohio!

Marley

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

pb:

may I ask where you got your ramps? I have several "turbo chairs" and
            scooters that I am fixing up to give away to folks who need them but don't
            have an easy way to load them in the truck. Most ramps I find are too short
            or simply won't work for chairs and scooters.. I have been pulling the
            battery boxes and lifting the critters into the truck. Pain in the a** to
            say the least. Thanks.

Raymond

"pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
            F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- so that I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-) They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t ! Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-) pb... currently enjoying the hell out of Peace Train...sung by that wretched and dangerous person formerly known as Cat Stevens.

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

"pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
              F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- so that I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-) They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t ! Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-)
              Patty, that's great! I'm very, very happy for you. Definitely never look
              back, unless it's at something really important. An acquaintance of mine
              (partner of a friend) recently had a double lung transplant, and she's doing
              great. Her scooter is her independence - something I think we all crave but
              most of us don't appreciate. I will think good thoughts for you, always.

Best
              Deanna

---
              Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
              Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
              Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/04

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

"AdoptaDad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                Subject: Hooooooray!!!!From: "pb..." [email protected]Date: 9/30/2004 10:16 PM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- sothat I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-)They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t !Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-)pb... How cool, Patty. Now all you need is a turbo charged chair.
                I think any chair with Patty in it is turbo charged.

Deanna

---

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

"sylak" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                  pb: may I ask where you got your ramps? I have several "turbo chairs" and scooters that I am fixing up to give away to folks who need them but don't have an easy way to load them in the truck. Most ramps I find are too
                  short
                  or simply won't work for chairs and scooters.. I have been pulling the battery boxes and lifting the critters into the truck. Pain in the a** to say the least. Thanks. Raymond
                  Not sure where you are, but if there's a custom bike shop in your city,
                  they'd likely help you with transport, and most have elevator lifts on the
                  backs of their trucks.

Deanna
                  (most "bikers" are good people)

---

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

Deanna:

Thanks. A lift gate would be a bit of overkill and all the ramp systems I
                    have looked at don't work for three wheel scooters. I figured there might be
                    a ramp system designed specifically for loading power wheelchairs and
                    scooters into a pickup. I may just make a set up. By the way, a I am one of
                    them bikers.

Raymond

"DeannaBefore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                    "sylak" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                    pb: may I ask where you got your ramps? I have several "turbo chairs" and scooters that I am fixing up to give away to folks who need them but
                    don't
                    have an easy way to load them in the truck. Most ramps I find are too short
                    or simply won't work for chairs and scooters.. I have been pulling the battery boxes and lifting the critters into the truck. Pain in the a**
                    to
                    say the least. Thanks. Raymond Not sure where you are, but if there's a custom bike shop in your city, they'd likely help you with transport, and most have elevator lifts on the backs of their trucks. Deanna (most "bikers" are good people) --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/04

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

Thanks. A lift gate would be a bit of overkill and all the ramp systems Ihave looked at don't work for three wheel scooters. I figured there might bea ramp system designed specifically for loading power wheelchairs andscooters into a pickup. I may just make a set up. By the way, a I am one ofthem bikers.Raymond
                      My dad's scooter came with a small electric winch and crane that mounted in the
                      trunk of the car. It was awkward as hell and someone had to be in good enough
                      shape to assemble the lift and partially disassemble the scooter.

My mom uses it now. We've gone back to simply hoisting it into the back of the
                      van, a two-person operation that doesn't include mom.

Maybe by the time the next person needs it we'll have figured out a system in
                      which the user is independent.

J.

Reply to jmhjmd at aol.

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

I have received, refurbished and given away a few hydraulic and chain driven
                        lifts in different sizes. The slickest ones are made for minivans and will
                        accomodate power-chaiers perfectly and are very user friendly. They work
                        very much like a lift gate on a truck. I have one scooter lifter such as you
                        describe. I also have the scooter with the lift ring affixed. I think this
                        rig had come out of a small panel van. It is all in perfect shape and I
                        should be able to get it to someone pretty soon.

Raymond

"J." <[email protected]> wrote in message
                        Thanks. A lift gate would be a bit of overkill and all the ramp systems Ihave looked at don't work for three wheel scooters. I figured there might
                        be
                        a ramp system designed specifically for loading power wheelchairs andscooters into a pickup. I may just make a set up. By the way, a I am one
                        of
                        them bikers.Raymond My dad's scooter came with a small electric winch and crane that mounted
                        in the
                        trunk of the car. It was awkward as hell and someone had to be in good
                        enough
                        shape to assemble the lift and partially disassemble the scooter. My mom uses it now. We've gone back to simply hoisting it into the back
                        of the
                        van, a two-person operation that doesn't include mom. Maybe by the time the next person needs it we'll have figured out a system
                        in
                        which the user is independent. J. Reply to jmhjmd at aol.

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

"J." <[email protected]> wrote in message
                          Thanks. A lift gate would be a bit of overkill and all the ramp systems Ihave looked at don't work for three wheel scooters. I figured there might
                          be
                          a ramp system designed specifically for loading power wheelchairs andscooters into a pickup. I may just make a set up. By the way, a I am one
                          of
                          them bikers.Raymond
                          Sorry, I had to steal J.'s message to answer. Find a custom quadcycle shop
                          instead. The vehicle weighting would be about the same, but a quadc has the
                          bigger width. I wish you very well. Glad to hear you're a biker - not sure
                          where you are at, but most of them get a bad rap here in Canada. Not
                          remotely fair.

Best
                          Deanna

---

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

Deanna:

Good idea. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a quadc although I expect
                            it is what we call a "four-wheeler", "ATV" or "ORV". That would be a good
                            place to check. There are plenty of them here in Vermont and I do see them
                            on the back of pickups. Thanks!

Raymond

"DeannaBefore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                            "J." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                            Thanks. A lift gate would be a bit of overkill and all the ramp systems
                            I
                            have looked at don't work for three wheel scooters. I figured there
                            might
                            be
                            a ramp system designed specifically for loading power wheelchairs andscooters into a pickup. I may just make a set up. By the way, a I am
                            one
                            of
                            them bikers.Raymond
                            Sorry, I had to steal J.'s message to answer. Find a custom quadcycle
                            shop
                            instead. The vehicle weighting would be about the same, but a quadc has
                            the
                            bigger width. I wish you very well. Glad to hear you're a biker - not
                            sure
                            where you are at, but most of them get a bad rap here in Canada. Not remotely fair. Best Deanna --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.771 / Virus Database: 518 - Release Date: 9/28/04

Comment

Hooooooray!!!!

AdoptaDad wrote:
                              Subject: Hooooooray!!!!From: "pb..." [email protected]Date: 9/30/2004 10:16 PM Eastern Standard TimeMessage-id: <[email protected]>F i n a l l y ! I just ordered my ramps -- threshold and minivan -- sothat I can once again become a woman of independent ...everything! ;-)They should arrive by next Tuesday and I can h a r d l y w a i t !Let's Roll...and never look back. ;-)pb... How cool, Patty. Now all you need is a turbo charged chair. Dad
                              Thanks, Dad. I actually got the chair a year ago January -- just
                              as soon as that marvelous HMO cut us loose and I went back to
                              100% Medicare. It's taken all this time to save up for the ramps.
                              Now the big challenge is being able to use the chair in the house
                              ....in more than just the living room and dining rooms - everywhere
                              else is totally inaccessible. The chair IS supercharged! In full
                              speed I can leave others in the dust and travel a max of almost
                              25 miles round trip! ;-)

Vrooooooom, pb...

Comment

Working...
                              X