Shamed by "losing a child to adoption"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shamed by "losing a child to adoption"

"pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...snip
    The
    adopted adult is not grateful to the mother who unselfishly gave him life and then surrendered him to adoption. They feel abandoned, not good enough, less than, and are either badly damaged by the entire process, or so deep into denial that they are overwhelmingly grateful to their adopters for the things that any normal parent would do for their child. I am sorry, Ms. Wright, but in this area, you are wrong.
    Now, this sort of BULL**** gets my dander up ;(

Robyn

Comment

Shamed by &quot;losing a child to adoption&quot;

>Subject: Re: Shamed by "losing a child to adoption"
      There is no way that I believe that every adoptee she comes into contactwith is as she describes: The
      adopted adult is not grateful to the mother who unselfishly gave him life and then surrendered him to adoption. They feel abandoned, not good enough, less than, and are either badly damaged by the entire process, or so deep into denial that they are overwhelmingly grateful to their adopters for the things that any normal parent would do for their child.
      Kathy 1
      I think the whole grateful routine reeks of ego stroking and manipulation.
      Kathy J

Comment

[email protected] (Robibnikoff) wrote in message news:<[email protected] m>...
        "pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
        Letter to the Editor
        Top post:
        I think this tops them all.
        In the best possible way.

http://www.illinoisleader.com/letter...ew.asp?c=17411

Rh.

http://www.illinoisleader.com/printe...le.asp?c=17386 snip The
        adopted adult is not grateful to the mother who unselfishly gave him life and then surrendered him to adoption. They feel abandoned, not good enough, less than, and are either badly damaged by the entire process, or so deep into denial that they are overwhelmingly grateful to their adopters for the things that any normal parent would do for their child. I am sorry, Ms. Wright, but in this area, you are wrong.
        Now, this sort of BULL**** gets my dander up ;( Robyn

Comment

"Rhiannon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected] ...
          [email protected] (Robibnikoff) wrote in message
          news:<[email protected] m>...
          "pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:<[email protected]>...
          Letter to the Editor Top post: I think this tops them all. In the best possible way. http://www.illinoisleader.com/letter...ew.asp?c=17411
          This is from my dear friend Maryanne Cohen and it's an excellent piece..
          She posted here occasionally a long time ago. Maryanne has waritten some of
          the best material there is on adoption, bmoms, and SH.

Marley
          Rh.
          http://www.illinoisleader.com/printe...le.asp?c=17386 snip The
          adopted adult is not grateful to the mother who unselfishly gave him life and then surrendered him to adoption. They feel abandoned, not
          good
          enough, less than, and are either badly damaged by the entire process, or so deep into denial that they are overwhelmingly grateful to their adopters for the things that any normal parent would do for their
          child.
          I am sorry, Ms. Wright, but in this area, you are wrong. Now, this sort of BULL**** gets my dander up ;( Robyn

Comment

"Marley Greiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
            "Rhiannon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] ...
            [email protected] (Robibnikoff) wrote in message
            news:<[email protected] m>...
            "pb..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
            news:<[email protected]>...
            > Letter to the Editor > > Top post: I think this tops them all. In the best possible way. http://www.illinoisleader.com/letter...ew.asp?c=17411
            This is from my dear friend Maryanne Cohen and it's an excellent piece.. She posted here occasionally a long time ago. Maryanne has waritten some of the best material there is on adoption, bmoms, and SH.
            Yes, I've read some of her other stuff, and I like what she says and
            how she says it.

Rh.
            Marley
            Rh.
            > > > http://www.illinoisleader.com/printe...le.asp?c=17386 snip The > adopted adult is not grateful to the mother who unselfishly gave him > life and then surrendered him to adoption. They feel abandoned, not
            good
            > enough, less than, and are either badly damaged by the entire process, > or so deep into denial that they are overwhelmingly grateful to their > adopters for the things that any normal parent would do for their
            child.
            > I am sorry, Ms. Wright, but in this area, you are wrong. Now, this sort of BULL**** gets my dander up ;( Robyn

Comment

I have been watching this thread for a bit and I guess I will stick in my
              two cents. Some years ago I was an ANFC caseworker in the poorest region of
              this little state. I saw single parents and couples who had fallen on hard
              times and needed a bit of help. Most were wonderful parents. I also saw
              women who seemed to have a child every few years which coincidently kept
              them on the rolls. This did not necessarily make them bad parents. I also
              saw women with children who should not, under any circumstances, be trusted
              with a cat let alone a child. In cases where neglect and abuse appeared
              evident I was oblidged to notify Child Protective Services. At that point I
              was locked out of the loop as the SRS folks kept a very tight
              confidentiality. My point here is that there are children out there who
              would be far better in a loving adopted family rather than with thier
              biological kin. For the record I was abandoned just before Christmas at the
              age of three months a long time ago. I was adopted and raised in a loving
              family. I would like to know who I am but I have never felt less than loved
              in what has been the only family I have known.

Raymond in Vermont

Comment

Working...
              X