Questions, in the state of UTAH!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alian0209
    started a topic Questions, in the state of UTAH!

Questions, in the state of UTAH!

hello,
    I am 17 years-old male, and I have a girlfriend who is turning 21 in a month.
    I will not be turning 18 till feb. 2007

my girlfriend is currently pregnant, and we are thinking about getting married

my questions are:

1. Will she get in trouble with the law, because she is pregnant?

2. Will we be able to get married? (my mother does agree for us to get married, and she will sign what ever papers need to be signed.)

• pty
    replied
    Dating a month, already pregnant, had sex even though you thought that she might possibly face legal consequences for it...Geez!

Hereís my advice, which Iím sure youíre going to ignore, but Iím going to give it to you anyway

Wait until this child is born and get a dna test BEFORE you do anything. Iíd sure hate to see you back on this board in a year or two stating, "Iím not the biological father, but the court is still forcing me to pay child support because I married her/voluntarily acknowledged the child as my own" And it happens all the time!

Leave a comment:

• alian0209
    replied
    thank you for answering my question.
    and yes she is already pregnant...
    and i am already graduated from high school.

Leave a comment:

• pty
    replied
    OP, I just noticed that you posted a question on 2/7/06 asking if you could date/have sex with this girl. Have you ONLY been dating a month and she's already pregnant?

Leave a comment:

• pty
    replied
    I don't think Girlfriend could be charged with any kind of sex crime. Could other charges apply? I don't know. In my personal opinion (and I'm not an attorney) in this situation, it's probably unlikely any would be filed. BUT, if I were you I'd discuss it with a local attorney.

If Mom has sole custody, she can sign for the marriage with no problem. If she does not have sole custody, then that's another matter. However, I believe in Utah that even in the case of joint custody, that the parent with physical custody can sign. Call the county clerk's office and ask.

I hope that you intend to stay in school.
    Last edited by pty; 03-13-2006, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alian0209
    replied
    he lives in china and my parents are devorced
    and we dont have any talk to him at all
    its been about 6 years

Leave a comment:

• pty
    replied
    Originally posted by alian0209
    Will we be able to get married? (my mother does agree for us to get married, and she will sign what ever papers need to be signed.)
    Where is Dad?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X