No announcement yet.

Utah laws-need help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Utah laws-need help

    My ex. and I are going to court on Friday. I just received paperwork from his attorney stating #78-45-9.5(4). My ex filed paperwork to lower child support on February 3rd, 2003. About 5 months ago I received paperwork to lower child support again. The first filing neither one of our attorneys closed the case when my ex wanted to stop the modification. He did not give any reason why he wanted to stop it. Now since neither one of our attorneys closed it he wants child support reduction to go back to Feb. 2003. What advice or cases do you know about.
    He also wants the $100 a month in spousal support stopped. We were married for 20 years and have divorced for 8 years. I am not remarried and he is. Isn't that funny? Do Judges do that?
    If you can help me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    You need to get an attorney. As for laws, you can discuss this with your attorney. The problem is that the case is very specific and much of this will involve the divorce decree, property settlement and any support provisions iwthin either or both of those. Not seeing everything, it is hard to say really. Also, how courts rule is also impacted on the parties' themselves and their ability to work, their ability to earn pay,etc....