X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flutterbylover
    started a topic obviously needs advice Utah

obviously needs advice Utah

OK i'm 16 and i'll be 17 in less than a month and for some time now my mom and i haven't been getting along, so she kicked me out. that was all fine and good with me because then i didnt have to listen to her complain about everything all the time. well i was doing fine on my own (NOTE: i was in between jobs) but then she called my dad, whom i've probably only seen a total of 2 week out of my knowledgeable life, and she hands custody over to him. to me this is totally messed up because she pretty much is sending me to a stranger to whom i've only heard bad and horrible things about him. such as "you should never ever be alone with him" and things of that sort. (by the way my dad lives in california and i lived in utah)
    well now i'm here in california away from my family and all the comfort i've ever known and moving to a new high school that is over 2000 more students than my original one in utah and it has taken a tole on me... i have no idea what to do... my mother doesnt care any more and all my dad wants to do is keep me here... i've offered to move back to utah and get an appartment or something and live there on my own so that i could finish my high school carear there but he thinks that i am irrisponsible and cannot do that. i'm just so confused and now i'm discuraged to find out that you cannot legaly be totally emancipated until you are out of high school and 18 so i figured that kind of shot me hopes for going back for my seinor year of high school concidering i will be 18 at the beginning of that year.
    please help me and tell me what i can do to get out of here...

in california you have to have your parents concent to be emancipated before the age of 18 and my dad will not do that for me. also Marrage is pretty much out of the Question concidering my Boyfriend is 10 months YOUNGER than me so that does me no good...

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by flutterbylover
    OK i'm 16 and i'll be 17 in less than a month and for some time now my mom and i haven't been getting along, so she kicked me out. that was all fine and good with me because then i didnt have to listen to her complain about everything all the time. well i was doing fine on my own (NOTE: i was in between jobs) but then she called my dad, whom i've probably only seen a total of 2 week out of my knowledgeable life, and she hands custody over to him. to me this is totally messed up because she pretty much is sending me to a stranger to whom i've only heard bad and horrible things about him. such as "you should never ever be alone with him" and things of that sort. (by the way my dad lives in california and i lived in utah)
    well now i'm here in california away from my family and all the comfort i've ever known and moving to a new high school that is over 2000 more students than my original one in utah and it has taken a tole on me... i have no idea what to do... my mother doesnt care any more and all my dad wants to do is keep me here... i've offered to move back to utah and get an appartment or something and live there on my own so that i could finish my high school carear there but he thinks that i am irrisponsible and cannot do that. i'm just so confused and now i'm discuraged to find out that you cannot legaly be totally emancipated until you are out of high school and 18 so i figured that kind of shot me hopes for going back for my seinor year of high school concidering i will be 18 at the beginning of that year.
    please help me and tell me what i can do to get out of here...

in california you have to have your parents concent to be emancipated before the age of 18 and my dad will not do that for me. also Marrage is pretty much out of the Question concidering my Boyfriend is 10 months YOUNGER than me so that does me no good...
    As long as you are a minor you'll have to live with one of your parents, sorry.

The best thing you can do for yourself at this point is to get some counseling. Try talking to your guidance counselor at school, they can probably help you find some help. It sounds like you've had some rough times, but with help you'll be able to cope with everything, finish school and when you become an adult you'll be in good shape to be on your own. Good luck and hang in there.
    Xena

Leave a comment:

Working...
X