Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and pregnant, needs marriege without parents concent Utah

I am 16 years old 17 in Dec.
    Me and my boyfriend (18 years old) are planning on having a child and I would like to get married.. I have asked my mother before when we got pregnant the first time (miscarriage) and she said no but that was within reason considering I was 13
    I do not know what her reasoning would be for it now but she hates my boyfriend and I know if I asked her if I could get married she will refuse to sign the papers.. After I have this child or even just being pregnant, is there a way I can married with out her concent?
    I have also considered Emancipation but cannot find any information on it.
    If you can help or have any advice I would appreciate it..

Thanks, Tired of being Grounded

Duplicate post

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=144964

Comment

Originally posted by pty
      You know, a child should not be able to get consent for ANYTHING of they can't spell consent!

Comment

I feel like your against me in some way.
        All the advice you've given me wasn't even advice, it was to critisize.
        I know you think you know me because I used the word "pregnant" but that doesn't mean I am like every other post.

To be Honest I have read a lot of the advice you have given and I'm disapointed that you didn't give me any of your 'words of wisdom'. I think I was looking forward to your reply and now, not so much.

If I would have said that I just wanted to get Emancipated and Married do you think you would have responded to me differently?

He is how it works.
        I am on other medication that causes any form of birthcontrol( that a female would rely on) not to work. 2 out of the 3 meds. that I take make it less pointless to take birth conrtol at all.
        I know we could use condoms but I hate them and they don't always work. I am extremely fertal so this also causes problems.
        Either I can try to use condoms ( I've gotten pregnant using condoms before) and always have a panic attack because I think I might be pregnant and than have to tell my child they were a mistake or just plan for it and make sure that I can avoid any problems ( i.e. my meds. cause fetal damage so I have been off them for 2 months to avoid taking any chances) that might come up if I was not to be planning for pregnancy.

To save you the time I also know that abstanance is an option but that isn't as easy as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by r_defined
          I feel like your against me in some way.
          All the advice you've given me wasn't even advice, it was to critisize.
          I know you think you know me because I used the word "pregnant" but that doesn't mean I am like every other post.

To be Honest I have read a lot of the advice you have given and I'm disapointed that you didn't give me any of your 'words of wisdom'. I think I was looking forward to your reply and now, not so much.

If I would have said that I just wanted to get Emancipated and Married do you think you would have responded to me differently?

He is how it works.
          I am on other medication that causes any form of birthcontrol( that a female would rely on) not to work. 2 out of the 3 meds. that I take make it less pointless to take birth conrtol at all.
          I know we could use condoms but I hate them and they don't always work. I am extremely fertal so this also causes problems.
          Either I can try to use condoms ( I've gotten pregnant using condoms before) and always have a panic attack because I think I might be pregnant and than have to tell my child they were a mistake or just plan for it and make sure that I can avoid any problems ( i.e. my meds. cause fetal damage so I have been off them for 2 months to avoid taking any chances) that might come up if I was not to be planning for pregnancy.

To save you the time I also know that abstanance is an option but that isn't as easy as you think.
          No the answer wouldn't have been any different had you not disclosed the fact that you are pregnant. With all of the additional information, I can tell you that you have even LESS of a chance to be emancipated based on the new disclosure.

Comment

I know what I should do

That's fine.
            I mostly just needed to know if it was even an option.
            I guess I'll just wait it out with my Mom or maybe If I can regain some trust with her that she might let me get married after my Junior year or I'll just wait until I'm 18 so I have time too make sure this will work and we can both do some growing up.
            I also think that marriage counseling before we get married would be a good idea for us as well..
            That will give me some time to save up my money(I'm great with money and I already have a lot saved up) and if I stay at my house with my Mom, she will help me pay for college (before I get grant money) so I can save for a house when I move out.

Thanks again. Sorry if I was a little on edge with my last post. I didn't mean for it to come across that way.

Comment

Working...
            X