Divorce and Custody, South Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce and Custody, South Carolina

Hello, First time posting here any help would be appreciated. I am currently seperated from my husdand of @4 years. We have a 18mth old daughter and I have a 7year old son from a previous relationship. He also has a 12year old daughter from a previous marriage, that he has full custody of. We were legally seperated through the court but he dropped that and wants me back. I don't want to go back after everything I have been through. Right now my son is with his father and my daughter is with my husband. When we got seperated we were also in a DSS (department of Social Services) case and the kids were in protective custody because of us fighting and calling the cops repeatedltly. During the seperation my husband got the house and everything. I had nowhere to go so I stayed with a friend. My son went to his father and my daughter was in foster care. My husband and I were talking at this time and he said if I temperoarly singed her over, to get her out of foster care, I could see her anytime I wanted and when I got a place he would give her back. So I did, I know I messed up. Well we also had a restraining order with the seperation, we got into a fight when I was there one night and I went to jail again because of him. Now we can't talk without fighting, he has dropped the seperation, but I no longer live in S.C. I am in Tenn. with my father now. I just want to get my kids back and start my life over. My husband says I will never get my daughter back. He also has been selling the property out of the house. I called the police and they said I have to go to family court, well I can't afford an attorney and I called legal aid and the can't help until we have been seperated for a year. What should I do now? I am lost............I could be here all day typing, so if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer. Just would like someone to talk to and maybe get some advice on what to do now....

How long have you been in TN?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

I've been in Tn. for about a month now. I still go back and forth to see the kids, when they will let me see them.

Comment

Originally posted by mom-in-need-of-help
        I've been in Tn. for about a month now. I still go back and forth to see the kids, when they will let me see them.
        The first thing I would do is move back to be near your kids. File for custody and visitation in court without an attorney if you have to. Call your local SC bar association and ask for attorneys that do pro bono or reduced fee work. You will have to go to court in SC because you have not lived in TN long enough to establish residency.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Working...
        X