X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john starks
    started a topic visitation rights for son in South Carolina

visitation rights for son in South Carolina

I (non-custodial parent paying child support voluntarily) am currently living in new york and my 19 month old son lives with his mother (custodial parent) in myrtle beach south carolina (horry county) , i have tried on several occasions to come up with a schedule that we can both agree on for the times he gets to spend with each one of us in and out of state, but she's not having it claiming that her work schedule makes impossible to do so and that my family and i can see him when she gets time off, she never denies me access and until this point i have traveled down there various of times to see him.

I would like to know what do i need, and how do i file for visitation for my son in myrtle beach, south carolina without running into expensive lawyer fees?

• Alice Dodd
    replied
    Check out www.nolo.com, they publisher of legal books for the layperson, and have books on family law that can help you get started. YOu may still need a lawyer, but at least this will tell you what the process is and help you get it going.

Leave a comment:

• Morgana
    replied
    I'm guessing you dont have a child support order in place since you said you are paying child support voluntarily.

Are you on the birth certificate? Have you established paternity? Be aware that in some places, any monies paid without estabilishing paternity can be considered a "gift" and may not count toward legally required child support.

Sorry, but to protect your rights and your relationship with your son, you need to find an attorney to do things right.

Leave a comment:

• john starks
    replied
    Originally posted by drruthless View Post
    What you need is to decide how badly you want to be in your sons life
    The cost of an attorney will pale by comparison to the cost to your son by not having you in his life…
    Have you at least spoken with one? Many offer a free first time consolation, or one might be able to point you in the right direction to doing most of the legal leg work thus reducing much of the costs…
    Good luck
    .._______________________
    ~ We’re sorry, but the position of God has been filled.
    There is however a job for an @sshole…
    I applied but was turned down,
    over qualified
    no i have not spoken with a lawyer yet, but i will start looking some up now, thanks for reading and answering my question it was informative.

Leave a comment:

• drruthless
    replied
    Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by john starks View Post
    I (non-custodial parent paying child support voluntarily) am currently living in new york and my 19 month old son lives with his mother (custodial parent) in myrtle beach south carolina (horry county) , i have tried on several occasions to come up with a schedule that we can both agree on for the times he gets to spend with each one of us in and out of state, but she's not having it claiming that her work schedule makes impossible to do so and that my family and i can see him when she gets time off, she never denies me access and until this point i have traveled down there various of times to see him.

I would like to know what do i need, and how do i file for visitation for my son in myrtle beach, south carolina without running into expensive lawyer fees?
    What you need is to decide how badly you want to be in your sons life
    The cost of an attorney will pale by comparison to the cost to your son by not having you in his life…
    Have you at least spoken with one? Many offer a free first time consolation, or one might be able to point you in the right direction to doing most of the legal leg work thus reducing much of the costs…
    Good luck
    .._______________________
    ~ We’re sorry, but the position of God has been filled.
    There is however a job for an @sshole…
    I applied but was turned down,
    over qualified

Leave a comment:

Working...
X