Military dad seeking visitation for kids who live in sc South Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military dad seeking visitation for kids who live in sc South Carolina

I am in the Military and my ex wife lives in S.c with my two kids. the case was in Michigan when filed for divorce and because of circumstances(financial, deployment etc) i have been unable to see them for 3 yrs. i have moved 7 hrs away and am now in a position to see them. Michigan wont enforce my parenting time since it is different jurisdition.
    HOW DO I GET TO SEE MY KIDS WITH THE COURTS HELP.? i am trying to get the case moved to SC so i can go to court for visitation.
    It hardly seems fair that I cannot see them because Michigan FOC wont enforce in another state. They have been here for three years.
    ANY ADVICE

Originally posted by oldmanavy View Post
    I am in the Military and my ex wife lives in S.c with my two kids. the case was in Michigan when filed for divorce and because of circumstances(financial, deployment etc) i have been unable to see them for 3 yrs. i have moved 7 hrs away and am now in a position to see them. Michigan wont enforce my parenting time since it is different jurisdition.
    HOW DO I GET TO SEE MY KIDS WITH THE COURTS HELP.? i am trying to get the case moved to SC so i can go to court for visitation.
    It hardly seems fair that I cannot see them because Michigan FOC wont enforce in another state. They have been here for three years.
    ANY ADVICE
    First you'll need to have the case moved to SC. Once that is done, you can file for a modification of the visitation order.

Get a quick consult with an attorney to find out what the requirements are for filing for a change of venue.

Comment

Working...
    X