14/17 RI Consent Laws Rhode Island South Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14/17 RI Consent Laws Rhode Island South Carolina

My fourteen year old daughter just told me that she and her seventeen year old boyfriend are having a baby. The pregnancy was accidental is that matters. I want to press charges against him, can I? Is there anything I can do? What can he be charged with? He turns eighteen in August, and she turns fifteen in September.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by ConcernedMom61; 06-13-2009, 09:27 PM.

Not for us to decide, but you- looking at the age difference I strongly suggest you contact your local police and discuss this with a detective. To me it sounds like it's borderline.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

The age of consent in RI is 16, and I don't see that there are any close in age exceptions, so please do talk to the authorities. And speaking personally, I hope they throw his *** in jail.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X