Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the legal age to move out of your parents home in oklahoma?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the legal age to move out of your parents home in oklahoma?

I am 16 and my parents are complete buthollls to sume it all up and I need to get out of my house. so please help me

• cactus jack
    replied
    Originally posted by abcdef211 View Post
    My teacher has informed me that u can move out when u have finished high school and or u can just choose that a family member take guardianship of you
    And your teacher ain't here, and your teacher doesn't know SQUAT.

FOUR YEARS since the last post here. Start your own thread, abcdef211.

Leave a comment:

• Dogmatique
    replied
    Originally posted by abcdef211 View Post
    My teacher has informed me that u can move out when u have finished high school and or u can just choose that a family member take guardianship of you

That is absolutely INCORRECT.

And please - don't respond to a years-old post. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• abcdef211
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetthing1822003 View Post
    I am 16 and my parents are complete buthollls to sume it all up and I need to get out of my house. so please help me

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    Originally posted by turbowray View Post
    The age of majority in Puerto Rico is 18, so when your 18 you can move out.
    Of course, that works both ways.

At 18, parents are no longer financially, emotionally or physically responsible for the child either.

When you leave the house, they could change the locks and say they have never known you. They could completely cut you off without a dime and without a home to come back to.

Just putting things in perspective.

Leave a comment:

• turbowray
    replied
    The age of majority in Puerto Rico is 18, so when your 18 you can move out.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfie34
    replied
    What about the age in Puerto Rico?

I have a friend who turned 18 today and wants to move back to New Jersey this weekend.

Her parents have told her to not even think about it.

Can they stop her?

I can't find any details on the internet.

Do you have to be 21 in puerto rico to legally move out on your own?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• cassie08
    replied
    ok thankyou.

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    Its 18 what you heard was wrong. You may live outside of your parents home with consent but no other way.

Leave a comment:

• cassie08
    replied
    i thought that in texas the legal age to move out of your parents house with out there say was 17

i didnt mean to still the thread i just started this and i can quite figure how to make one.

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    Yes even in TX

Leave a comment:

• cassie08
    replied
    even in texas?

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    at 17 you live where your parents say end of story and please dont hijack someone elses thread

Leave a comment:

• cassie08
    replied
    im 17 years of age

im 17 years of age my parents are divorced and my real father lives in oklahoma on the boreder of texas and my real mom lives in texas on the boarder of oklahoma so its like twenty min away from each house. as of now i am stayin with my real father in oklahoma but my address and all that stuff is still in texas i have not gone thru court and changed everything..so my current address is in texas.... i was wanderin if i could move out of my real fathers house now. or would i have to move back in with my real mom in texas then move out of her house. i plan on living to oklahoma with my boyfriend that has just turned 18 ?? so can i do that?

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    This thread was dead.

Guardianship is not the same thing as emancipation.

The minor cannot petition the court on his or her own.

Without a valid reason (other than "my parents are buttholes), a court will not grant emancipation or a change of guardianship to the minor.

www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/oklahoma.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X