Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the legal age to move out of your parents home in oklahoma?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that in texas the legal age to move out of your parents house with out there say was 17

i didnt mean to still the thread i just started this and i can quite figure how to make one.

Comment

Its 18 what you heard was wrong. You may live outside of your parents home with consent but no other way.
      http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

ok thankyou.

Comment

What about the age in Puerto Rico?

I have a friend who turned 18 today and wants to move back to New Jersey this weekend.

Her parents have told her to not even think about it.

Can they stop her?

I can't find any details on the internet.

Do you have to be 21 in puerto rico to legally move out on your own?

Thanks

Comment

The age of majority in Puerto Rico is 18, so when your 18 you can move out.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowray View Post
              The age of majority in Puerto Rico is 18, so when your 18 you can move out.
              Of course, that works both ways.

At 18, parents are no longer financially, emotionally or physically responsible for the child either.

When you leave the house, they could change the locks and say they have never known you. They could completely cut you off without a dime and without a home to come back to.

Just putting things in perspective.
              Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetthing1822003 View Post
                I am 16 and my parents are complete buthollls to sume it all up and I need to get out of my house. so please help me
                My teacher has informed me that u can move out when u have finished high school and or u can just choose that a family member take guardianship of you

Comment

Originally posted by abcdef211 View Post
                  My teacher has informed me that u can move out when u have finished high school and or u can just choose that a family member take guardianship of you

That is absolutely INCORRECT.

And please - don't respond to a years-old post. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by abcdef211 View Post
                    And your teacher ain't here, and your teacher doesn't know SQUAT.

FOUR YEARS since the last post here. Start your own thread, abcdef211.
                    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
                    X