dating a minor in Oklahoma without parental consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dating a minor in Oklahoma without parental consent

I am a 19 year old female who is dating an 16 year old male in Oklahoma. We have looked everywhere but we have yet to find out if it is ok for us to date without his parents consent I have found this bit of information:

Other legal aspects

Legally, relationships between adults and adolescents do not necessarily include sex. Most of them involve sexual attraction. Just dating a teenager below the age of consent is legal in some jurisdictions, but only when the adolescent's age is above the marriageable age. In other jurisdictions, this is illegal, regardless of the adolescent's age.

It was at almost every site i seen i just dont know where to find out what i need to can anyone help?

• Ravensblood
    replied
    I found that quote at:
    http://www.answers.com/topic/age-of-consent

and i don't know was the only thing i could find near what we were looking for ^^

I figured that, We are going to wait till his parents say its ok or until he turns 18
    This was more to help his curiousity :P im kinda happy its that way *giggles* would rather wait till his parents would be ok with it then trying to date em without his parents permission wouldn't feel right if they hated me before they even knew me lol :P but thank you for your help ^^

Leave a comment:

• pty
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravensblood
    Legally, relationships between adults and adolescents do not necessarily include sex. Most of them involve sexual attraction. Just dating a teenager below the age of consent is legal in some jurisdictions, but only when the adolescent's age is above the marriageable age. In other jurisdictions, this is illegal, regardless of the adolescent's age.

This was bugging me, so I searched for a website stating this.

http://www.answers.com/topic/pedophilia

It quotes the Wikipedia entry for 'Pedophilia' However, in the last couple of months there has been a lot of controversy about this particular entry. Part of the controversy involves the fact that Wikipedia allows (or at least DID allow, unless theyíve changed it) ANYONE to edit and change an entry. There was no verification that the person doing so was knowledgeable about the subject. Therefore, the 'edits' a person made, might or might not be correct and/or misleading.

If you check the Wikipedia entry today for Pedophilia, this statement is no longer there. Likely because itís incorrect. There are no laws in the U.S. (although there may be in other countries) that prohibit who/at what age a minor can DATE (which is a totally different thing than engaging in sexual contact) as long as they have PARENTAL PERMISSION to do so.

So, number one, donít believe everything you read. Verify, verify, and verify again. And, number two, this entry that you quoted really has nothing to do with your main question, which was "can you date a minor without his parentsí consent" And the answer to that is 'no'.
    Last edited by pty; 02-17-2006, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pty
    replied
    I am a 19 year old female who is dating an 16 year old male in Oklahoma. We have looked everywhere but we have yet to find out if it is ok for us to date without his parents consent
    He's a minor. His parents get to decide who he's allowed to spend time with. If they say he can't date you, then he can't. If you date anyway without his parents' permission then you could find yourself facing problems.

I have found this bit of information:

I'm just curious...where did you find this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X