Is it possible for me to get Emancipated at 16 in Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for me to get Emancipated at 16 in Oklahoma

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]I am 15 turning 16 in April. I am go out with a 18 year old and he turns 19 in June. We really care for oneanother and I was wondering if it was possible to get Emancipated. I Think it is in Oklahoma, but I looked up some info. But I would like to know some more information.

What's the reason you want to be emancipated? Can you support yourself? What's your plan upon being emancipated? These are important questions and issues that you didn't address at all.
    Last edited by pty; 12-10-2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Good point, pty.

Originally posted by pty
      What's the reason you want to be emancipated? Can you support yourself? What's your plan upon being emancipated? These are important questions and issues that you didn't address at all.
      As a fellow teen in your type of position, I do understand where your coming from.But this is going to be a life altering decion. Why do u want to get emancipated? (THINK THIS THROUGH!!) Can you support yourself? ( you cant completely depend on him. Guys come and go.) Where do u go and what do u plan to do after the hearing? (Do u still want a relationship w/ ur parents? What are their feelings on this? Do they approve?) You have a lot to work on and most definately alot to think over. Sleep on it for a few nights then email me. My email is [email protected]. NO MATTER WHAT, FOLLOW YOUR HEART!

Comment

no way

Originally posted by Mahal Kita View Post
        [FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]I am 15 turning 16 in April. I am go out with a 18 year old and he turns 19 in June. We really care for oneanother and I was wondering if it was possible to get Emancipated. I Think it is in Oklahoma, but I looked up some info. But I would like to know some more information.
        forget it. the judge is not going to emancipate you so you can live with your adult bf. you stay where you are untill youre 18. you dont have a choice

Comment

And this one also is a year and a half old.

My Kelly radar is going off.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
            And this one also is a year and a half old.

My Kelly radar is going off.
            Rightfully so! Daddyoftwo was banned recently at FA...If this forum would incorporate the same reporting process as FA Kelly and other trolls and spammers would be at a minimum.
            Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Working...
            X