Statuatory Rape Laws Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statuatory Rape Laws Oklahoma

I recently found out the step father of my 3 children may have committed statuatory rape in Stillwater, Oklahoma. His son whom is 4 years old now has a mother that is 19 years old should I be concerned to have him around my two sons and daughter?

I don't think charges were ever made against him and were going through a support and visitation battle, custody will stay 1/2. The Mother is very phanatic about not allowing them to visit me here in Arizona. She has even threatened to make me have supervised visitation so she can get her guarantee the kids won't be able to come to Arizona even though she knows I am a good providing father, financially, medically and emotionally and I work for the airline so transportation will cost nothing. Her concern; she hates Arizona and doesn't want the kids to have to visit here or be in the same house of my "new" family.

My other question is once all is settled can she decide how long the kids get to stay here in Arizona if the children are 1/2 custody and I am paying support and providing medical for them? I thought I read a law that if Judge sees transportation to and from another state he will rule in favor of that parent?

Thanks for the advice.

It's hard to say what the judge will rule. Since you are out of state, you may get longer vacations together but not the regular every other weekend/holiday type setup. Take time to look up and write out your own parenting plan that includes when the children would be with you, how they would travel, making sure they attend school in one place, etc.

Your ex has no say in what the children do while they are with you, she would be in contempt if she did not allow them to visit with you when it was court ordered.

I am unsure about how the case with the step parent would go. How old are your children? Sometimes allegations against the other parent (or their partner) look like a ploy to sway the courts to your side rather than a real concern for the children.

Comment

Update

I know it looks like a ploy that is why I am seeking and asking is this a sincere concern like I said I just found out last week and don't feel comfortable with it.

My children are 12, 10 & daughter is 6. About us agreeing over majority issues were at peace except she doesn't want the kids to come to Arizona. I guess that's why she felt comfortable telling us about her husband and his situation but I'm worried.

The parenting plan would only consist of summer months but she wants me to agree no visitation here for the first 5 years, and then maybe the kids can come visit during the summer for a week. All I'm asking for is a couple summer months.

Comment

And what she is asking for is unreasonable. The only way supervised visitation would be ordered is if she can prove that you have been or are a danger to the children or unfit to care for them. You have just as much right to have the children in YOUR home (and it is also THEIR home) as she does to have them in hers. If you are not given primary physical custody, all major holidays will most likely be split or alternated, you will most likely have any significant school breaks and longer visitation time in the summer. That's pretty standard visitation for parents that live a significant distance apart.

As far as the stat rape question...just let it go for now. If, at any time in the future, you have legitimate cause to become concerned about the safety of your children, you can deal with it then. It probably won't have any effect on the custody issue now....UNLESS you can prove he is a danger to your children. My personal opinion on the matter of his fitness to be raising children...keep it to myself, I will. (Geez, now I sound like Yoda. )
        Last edited by mommyof4; 02-27-2007, 07:21 PM.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

I agree, what she is asking for is totally unreasonable. You'll get at least half of the summer if not more.

Just a dumb question, did you move away or did she move away from where you were both originally raising the children?

Comment

Not a dumb question..

I moved away to my families house in Arizona. Thank you for all your advise. C~

Comment

To Mommyof4

Please give me your opinion about step father raising the childre, I ask because I failed to mention they have 3 foster children.

Comment

They have 3 foster children living in the home and he has this on his record?
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                (unique up on him)
                How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                (same way)

Comment

How old is the Step-father??
                  Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                    They have 3 foster children living in the home and he has this on his record?

Thats just it, theres never been a conviction. M~

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
                      How old is the Step-father??
                      He's only about 26 years of age when he met the mother of his child she was 13 when she got pregnant.

Comment

if it's not on his record- I doubt anyone can do anything about it. Not sure how long the statute of limitations is

Comment

I'm reading the laws for this and it looks like it can be filed up to 10 years, don't know still doing the research.

Comment

Originally posted by mymy View Post
                            I'm reading the laws for this and it looks like it can be filed up to 10 years, don't know still doing the research.
                            For some strange reason none of the mandatory reporters bothered to report this child molestation...Perhaps the girl never told anyone who the father was..

But if you are sure of your facts I would report this...he raped a 13 year old girl and should NOT be around children.
                            Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Actually she did tell her family who the father was, they end up living together had the baby, but did argue a lot with the girls parents, they threatened to pursue stat rape, but it was never done.

Comment

Working...
                              X