Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitation rights in Oklahoma

OK, My problem is this:
    I have a 14 year old daughter who has no relationship with her father. He moved out of state when she was 18 months old. At the age of 4 I filed for TPR, he came back with wanting visitation. We went to court and he was ordered 6 hours (3 Sat. & 3 Sun.)of supervised visitation every other weekend due to her not knowing him, threatening letters he had written and a suicide attempt while watching her. He came to visit her 3 times over a 9 month period and then nothing. This was in Ohio. I lived there in the same home, same number, etc. for the next three years with no contact from him. When I moved, I couldn't find him to notify him of the move. So I now have a daughter who has not seen or spoke to her father in over 9 years and she doesn't want to. He has recently been trying to contact her through the internet, which is not supervised, therefore against the court order. How much say does my daughter have in whether or not she has to visit him? I was never a parent to speak ill of him to my daughter, I would try to explain his lack of contact with "He want to but he's really busy" or "It's far for him to go". But eventually his lack of involvement spoke for itself. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!
Working...
X