Abondoned children Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abondoned children Oklahoma

I am a single mother of two beautiful chidren, their father and I had problems in our marriage. He threatened to kill me and my children. So I have a current restraining order. In the court papers it states he is to pay $650. every month and to see them via supervision. So almost 3 years later we havent heard so much as a word from him! I currently found out that he skipped country so he wouldnt have to be a part of anything. The money and him contacting isnt an issue. I would rather have his rights terminated, so he cant jump in their lives later and ruin them. My childrens ages are 3 and 4. How can I go about doing this without having to pay alot of money? Although the price for my security and my children are priceless. Please if you have any information on this issue, I could really use some

Originally posted by doubtful in oklahoma View Post
    I am a single mother of two beautiful chidren, their father and I had problems in our marriage. He threatened to kill me and my children. So I have a current restraining order. In the court papers it states he is to pay $650. every month and to see them via supervision. So almost 3 years later we havent heard so much as a word from him! I currently found out that he skipped country so he wouldnt have to be a part of anything. The money and him contacting isnt an issue. I would rather have his rights terminated, so he cant jump in their lives later and ruin them. My childrens ages are 3 and 4. How can I go about doing this without having to pay alot of money? Although the price for my security and my children are priceless. Please if you have any information on this issue, I could really use some

I don't know about the costs, mommyof4, or xena can explain that one, but since it has been 3 years with no contact at all, I think it has been long enough to file for abandonement, and ask the courts to relinguish his rights. Are you married? Does your present husband want to adopt? I do not know if they will allow him to get his rights relinquished without someone who is willing to take on the responsibility of them (adoption).

Comment

No I am currently unmarried, I am with someone though. I dont know that I want someone to feel they have to take that responsibility on. I would do all I could to get their fathers rights taken, so that is an option. thank you for replying and your input.

Comment

Originally posted by doubtful in oklahoma View Post
        No I am currently unmarried, I am with someone though. I dont know that I want someone to feel they have to take that responsibility on. I would do all I could to get their fathers rights taken, so that is an option. thank you for replying and your input.
        For starters, have the visitation orders modified so that he has NO visitation rights. That will be much easier to do that totally terminating his rights.

Cost-wise, since he is not locatable which adds more to the process (my own situation), I paid $4,500. The process is not complete and in my case also includes step-parent adoption. It may not be as much for you there.

Comment

TY demartian! OP, do you have any idea of what city the father resides in? If you do, and you put an add in the local newspaper for 30 days, then he is considered served.

Comment

Thank You Demartian....I am unaware of the state he is in. Word of mouth, he skipped country to get married and raise a family! He was in the Marine Corps so guess I could start with California. Thank you once again.

Comment

The Marine Cor. has a problem with one of thier own, being a dead beat dad. I would contact the Marines first, to see if you can locate him with thier help. It is worth a try.

Comment

Sorry but that is a joke......the Marine Corps will not help! When we were going through the divorce and with him not paying child support, I contacted his chain of command. They told me that it was my problem that I need to deal with it. They even helped to keep him out of trouble! See he put a gun to my head while we were living in base housing and the gun was unregistered! What would most people have gotten? Well because my ex had friends....he got dropped in rank, that is it! He even got the gun back! Now that is a slap in the face!

Comment

So sorry! Have you concidered hiring a private investigator, to find him? It costs money, but I would imagine, if you did find him, that you could sue him for the costs of having to do so. Is child support services helping you locate him at all? Have they put a freeze on his tax return? I hope someone comes on with more answers to give you, I am grabbing at straws here, just hoping to give you good ideas. Maybe you could contact the IRS, and send them a copy of child support being in arrears?

Comment

Thank you so much for everything actually, I really appreciate it. I havent really contacted anyone to try and find him. I feel maybe it is in the best interest of the children to not be a part of his life. As far as IRS, he actually filed for all 3 of us last year and I havent heard back from them. Last I heard he is in Germany remarried taking care of her kids and the one on the way! I just want to take his rights, so when and if he decides to come back he cant. My kids have suffered enough, and we are finally putting the puzzle back together. Once again thank you for all your support.....and your comments. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by demartian View Post
                      For starters, have the visitation orders modified so that he has NO visitation rights. That will be much easier to do that totally terminating his rights.

Cost-wise, since he is not locatable which adds more to the process (my own situation), I paid $4,500. The process is not complete and in my case also includes step-parent adoption. It may not be as much for you there.
                      As demartian stated, you may be able to keep him out of the childrens lives, and still not let the dead beat dad get away from having to pay for child support. You deserve to get money from him for having to raise these kids alone! Good luck to you!!

Comment

Working...
                      X