Can I foreclose on a CS lien? Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I foreclose on a CS lien? Oklahoma

I am in Oregon, my ex is in OK, I have gone through all the channels I know of through both states to get my ex to pay CS. I have 2 liens in OK for past due CS, totalling about 45,000.00, on his property. Oregon attorneys won't do anything to help me collect. Oregon State can only do what OK State have let them do, and won't persue contempt because they would have to have someone go to OK to collect him, then send him back after court, and that won't guarantee he'll pay. His license has been suspended 2x, he pays just enough to get it back & then quits. He is only required to pay 350 a month total for 3 kids. He is now paying 225, which is more than nothing I admit. He owns his own business, which in OK doesn't have to be licensed, so no garnishment. He has also avoided filing taxes somehow, which I've already let IRS know. What can I do about his back CS? Any way I can foreclose on his property? I'm hoping someone will have more info than I have been able to dig up.

Originally posted by melinaspride View Post
    I am in Oregon, my ex is in OK, I have gone through all the channels I know of through both states to get my ex to pay CS. I have 2 liens in OK for past due CS, totalling about 45,000.00, on his property. Oregon attorneys won't do anything to help me collect. Oregon State can only do what OK State have let them do, and won't persue contempt because they would have to have someone go to OK to collect him, then send him back after court, and that won't guarantee he'll pay. His license has been suspended 2x, he pays just enough to get it back & then quits. He is only required to pay 350 a month total for 3 kids. He is now paying 225, which is more than nothing I admit. He owns his own business, which in OK doesn't have to be licensed, so no garnishment. He has also avoided filing taxes somehow, which I've already let IRS know. What can I do about his back CS? Any way I can foreclose on his property? I'm hoping someone will have more info than I have been able to dig up.
    A lien cannot be used to forclose on property. The only time a lien is good is when the owner sells, then the lien will be paid (if there's enough left after the mortgage holder and Uncle Sam get thier share).

Ask the CSE agency about seizing the property or any bank accounts he has. You cannot do those things but a state CSE agency can. Unfortunately he's learned how to work the system and there's not much you can do except keep after the CSE agency to take action, sorry.

Comment

Working...
    X