emancipation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emancipation

im 15 will be 16 in may 07 i need help quick am being handed over to a father i dont know by dept. of human services in oklahoma without even knowing for sure if hes my dad. how old do i need to be in order to be emancipated so that i can go on living and going to school in oklahoma right now am living with foster parent that wants to adopt me and take care of me.i have other relatives that could take me if all fails. i just dont want to live with the man that they are trying to put me with. please answer quickly i am suppose to have a blood test to see if he is my dad.my brother is 21 with stable life,job,home and can also provide a stable life for me my other relatives does not want me living with this man because they know that he is abusive and was very mean to my mother and to my brother,WHY do the want to put me there in that type of situation??????????????????p.s. my mother has passed away
    Last edited by angelinoklahoma; 08-26-2006, 09:40 PM.

Originally posted by angelinoklahoma
    im 15 will be 16 in may 07 i need help quick am being handed over to a father i dont know by dept. of human services in oklahoma without even knowing for sure if hes my dad. how old do i need to be in order to be emancipated so that i can go on living and going to school in oklahoma right now am living with foster parent that wants to adopt me and take care of me.i have other relatives that could take me if all fails. i just dont want to live with the man that they are trying to put me with. please answer quickly i am suppose to have a blood test to see if he is my dad.my brother is 21 with stable life,job,home and can also provide a stable life for me my other relatives does not want me living with this man because they know that he is abusive and was very mean to my mother and to my brother,WHY do the want to put me there in that type of situation??????????????????p.s. my mother has passed away
    At your age you're going to have to wait. First, wait to see if your dad is actually your bio dad, then wait until you are at least 16 before you can even try to be emancipated. I don't know if your state has emancipation laws or not, but you have to wait anyway,

Comment

Working...
    X