Oklahoma needs more help 4 kids Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma needs more help 4 kids Oklahoma

My niece wants to runaway from home because her mother's boyfriend beats on them, she was living in houston with her godmother but her mother insisted she come home because she became pregnant. It wasn't two days she had been there before the boyfriend jump her. The police was calleed out he went to jail but because my niece is underage her mother refused to press charges. If one of my nieces die as a result of these beating can charges be pressed against the mother as well for standing by letting this happen, and can close of kin have first choice of the kids.

Originally posted by lela_4ever9
    My niece wants to runaway from home because her mother's boyfriend beats on them, she was living in houston with her godmother but her mother insisted she come home because she became pregnant. It wasn't two days she had been there before the boyfriend jump her. The police was calleed out he went to jail but because my niece is underage her mother refused to press charges. If one of my nieces die as a result of these beating can charges be pressed against the mother as well for standing by letting this happen, and can close of kin have first choice of the kids.

that is just a really morbid line of thought for you to be having right now

if you have knowledge that the children are being abused in that home- then DO please call cps and make a report
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

CALL RIGHT NOW. THIS MINUTE.

In answer to your question, yes the mother can face charges along with the boyfriend. If she does nothing to protect her children (even if the children are not killed---geez, what a thought. It gives me chills) she can face charges for not removing the kids from the abuse and protecting them.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

If the police came out because of a child being assulted then child protective services in your state must have been notified. Call child protective services and ask them to investigate the matter since the police report and the arrest are obvious evidence. I don't think it would matter if the mom wanted to "press charges" or not if a child has been injured.

NEGLECT charges can be filled against the mother if she knowingly does not prevent her children from being abused and the children could all be taken away.

IF the children are taken away and going to be placed in foster care, blood relatives (not godmothers) to the children could ask that the children be placed in thier homes.

Comment

I don't understand... an officer of the law should be LEGALLY mandated to file reports of any and all types of potential abuse against a minor. If the officer who responded to the call found evidence of physical abuse against the minor, a report would have undoubtedly been filed with DHS. The mother does not need to "press charges" and yes, failing to report child abuse is a CRIME, and the mother could be held accountable if she knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it.
          Last edited by rainasky; 08-11-2006, 01:54 PM.

Comment

lela_4ever9

I know that its a terrible thought they are my nieces, but if she lets him kick on them they almost had a disaster that day. Right now he is in jail but as soon as he gets out and step foot in that house i am gonna called c.p.s.
            Right now she is proclaiming that he wont come back in there but i know he will and when he do i'll b ready with c.p.s.. When the police came out and my niece tried to talk to them they would'nt listen although they knew they had just came out for him two days earlier they would'nt let my niece leave. HER MOTHER IS A GREAT PERFORMER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinamuck
              If the police came out because of a child being assulted then child protective services in your state must have been notified. Call child protective services and ask them to investigate the matter since the police report and the arrest are obvious evidence. I don't think it would matter if the mom wanted to "press charges" or not if a child has been injured.

NEGLECT charges can be filled against the mother if she knowingly does not prevent her children from being abused and the children could all be taken away.

IF the children are taken away and going to be placed in foster care, blood relatives (not godmothers) to the children could ask that the children be placed in thier homes.
              In TX, if the parent does not protect the child from abuse, the parent can face ABUSE charges, also. There have been several cases in just the past few months here dealing with this very topic.
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

Don't wait. Read this , it will tell you exactly what to do to get this situation under control. There is a 24 hour statewide hotline in Oklahoma.

CALL TODAY, right now. If you let this go on without reporting it, you are at just as much fault as the mother.

Comment

lela_4ever9

Thanks, everyone for your advice and for the number im getting on this right now!!

Comment

Working...
                  X