OK/need to start paternity case/what now? Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK/need to start paternity case/what now? Oklahoma

I need to start a paternity case IMMEDIATELY but do not have the money to hire or seek advise from an atty. I went to court today to try to file for a temporary protective order and emergency order for temporary custody and was basically told that unless I had evidence of abuse, they could not grant the protective order and that in order to get temporary custody awarded, I would need to start a paternity case. Problem is, I need to get this done ASAP because my child's father has taken her from the babysitter before without asking or telling me. We were not married but were living together for 2 years until one day he decided, without any warning, that he was going to move in with another woman. I was left with a 3 & 1/2 month old and was already caring for a 5 year old from a previous marriage. Now I need to file this case and have no idea where to start. What forms do I need and in what format? Are there examples of how they should look or is there a place I can find them to download. The city-county library was no help. There are so many forms and different names for the same stuff that I just got even more confused. Can ANYBODY help????

Originally posted by Renee Rayborn
    I need to start a paternity case IMMEDIATELY but do not have the money to hire or seek advise from an atty. I went to court today to try to file for a temporary protective order and emergency order for temporary custody and was basically told that unless I had evidence of abuse, they could not grant the protective order and that in order to get temporary custody awarded, I would need to start a paternity case. Problem is, I need to get this done ASAP because my child's father has taken her from the babysitter before without asking or telling me. We were not married but were living together for 2 years until one day he decided, without any warning, that he was going to move in with another woman. I was left with a 3 & 1/2 month old and was already caring for a 5 year old from a previous marriage. Now I need to file this case and have no idea where to start. What forms do I need and in what format? Are there examples of how they should look or is there a place I can find them to download. The city-county library was no help. There are so many forms and different names for the same stuff that I just got even more confused. Can ANYBODY help????
    Change babysitters immediately and don't tell him who the new sitter is. Tell the new sitter that he is not allowed ANYWHERE near the child and if he shows up to call 911. Since you were not married, you don't need a restraining order to keep him away from your child. You have full custody until a court orders otherwise.

As far as establishing paternity and child support, check with your states child support enforcement office. They should be able to help you get an order at no cost to you.

Comment

Working...
    X