Rights automatically terminate in July Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rights automatically terminate in July Oklahoma

Question, my rights automatically terminate in July because the law of OK states if no significant relationship is found with the Father and there is a step Father that is willing to adopt the children then the State of Oklahoma will honor the adoption and terminate the biological Father's rights and permit step Father to adopt. Now here's my question, the Mother wants the children to be adopted by her now husband for personal reasons and stated she is willing to let me visit and/or call anytime within reason if I willingly sign over my rights, because I live in Arizona and work for the airlines and it sounds like a good idea, she's even willing to put that in writing. But I'm a little confused, my lawyer stated the upside of willingly signing over my rights cooperating with her is I would not be financially obligated because in waiving my rights I waive all obligation, but "she" wants me to sign another paper in conjuction that I will give her $500.00 a month. Is this justice considering I won't be able to have the rights nor the name for my kids anymore? Will I still be liable after all rights have been waived and Mother gets upset with me for some reason as she done before and take me back to court? Can she do that? I've asked for help before but can't seem to find solid advice so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx. C-

To also say, I do plan to continue to pay financially wether I am bounded to or not but I haven't shared that with her, there are 3 kids and I am currently paying arrearages of over $10,321.00 for the time we were seperated and she said if I willingly sign my rights now she will waive that too? Is this true? C-
    Last edited by mymy_dealrosa; 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM.

Just testing

Cool site had to test the reply. C-

Comment

Originally posted by mymy_dealrosa
      Question, my rights automatically terminate in July because the law of OK states if no significant relationship is found with the Father and there is a step Father that is willing to adopt the children then the State of Oklahoma will honor the adoption and terminate the biological Father's rights and permit step Father to adopt. Now here's my question, the Mother wants the children to be adopted by her now husband for personal reasons and stated she is willing to let me visit and/or call anytime within reason if I willingly sign over my rights, because I live in Arizona and work for the airlines it sounds like a good idea, she's even willing to put that in writing when we write this up. But I'm a little confused, my lawyer stated the upside of willingly signing over my rights cooperating with her is I would not be financially obligated because in waiving my rights I waive obligation, but she wants me to sign another paper in conjuction that I will give her $500.00 a month still. Is this justice considering I won't be able to have the rights nor the name for my kids anymore? Will I still be liable after all rights have been waived and Mother gets upset with me for some reason as she done before? Can she do that? I've asked for help before but can't seem to find solid advice so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx. C-

To also say, I do plan to continue to pay financially wether I am bounded to or not but I haven't shared that with her.
      Unless you owe arrearages on court ordered child support, you will not owe ANY support once your rights are terminated, and no matter how many pieces of paper she presents to you to try to force you to pay support will change that. Once the children are no longer legally yours, you have NO rights and NO responsibilities to them. (As I said, this is assuming you do not owe back child support. If you do, you will have to continue to pay until that debt is paid off.) If her husband is going to adopt the children, he (along with the mother) becomes solely responsible for HIS children.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Your ex doesn't only want to "Eat her cake and have it too", she wants seconds and thirds and ice cream on the side with chocolate, strawberry, and caramel sauces, a banana and nuts, whipped cream and a cherry all served up on your pay check stub.

Most of what she is asking for is BS, the arrearage is the only addressable issue that I see and that matter would be up to the court.

The things she is offering you for this yummy dessert will probably be yanked away once the adoption is final. Don't fall for it.

I sincerely hope you have thought this through because in between the lines, it doesn't seem that you are quite ready to relinquish your rights. It is very possible that once the adoption is finalized, you may never see your kids again no matter what she is promising you right now. Make sure this is really what you are ready to face before moving forward.

Be careful, best wishes, and good luck.
        Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom
          Your ex doesn't only want to "Eat her cake and have it too", she wants seconds and thirds and ice cream on the side with chocolate, strawberry, and caramel sauces, a banana and nuts, whipped cream and a cherry all served up on your pay check stub.

Most of what she is asking for is BS, the arrearage is the only addressable issue that I see and that matter would be up to the court.

The things she is offering you for this yummy dessert will probably be yanked away once the adoption is final. Don't fall for it.

I sincerely hope you have thought this through because in between the lines, it doesn't seem that you are quite ready to relinquish your rights. It is very possible that once the adoption is finalized, you may never see your kids again no matter what she is promising you right now. Make sure this is really what you are ready to face before moving forward.

Be careful, best wishes, and good luck.
          Oh GREAT!!! Thanx, OSM, now I am craving a banana split!!!
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mymy_dealrosa
            Question, my rights automatically terminate in July because the law of OK states if no significant relationship is found with the Father and there is a step Father that is willing to adopt the children then the State of Oklahoma will honor the adoption and terminate the biological Father's rights and permit step Father to adopt. Now here's my question, the Mother wants the children to be adopted by her now husband for personal reasons and stated she is willing to let me visit and/or call anytime within reason if I willingly sign over my rights, because I live in Arizona and work for the airlines and it sounds like a good idea, she's even willing to put that in writing. But I'm a little confused, my lawyer stated the upside of willingly signing over my rights cooperating with her is I would not be financially obligated because in waiving my rights I waive all obligation, but "she" wants me to sign another paper in conjuction that I will give her $500.00 a month. Is this justice considering I won't be able to have the rights nor the name for my kids anymore? Will I still be liable after all rights have been waived and Mother gets upset with me for some reason as she done before and take me back to court? Can she do that? I've asked for help before but can't seem to find solid advice so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thx. C-

To also say, I do plan to continue to pay financially wether I am bounded to or not but I haven't shared that with her, there are 3 kids and I am currently paying arrearages of over $10,321.00 for the time we were seperated and she said if I willingly sign my rights now she will waive that too? Is this true? C-
            It may be true, it may be a lie. She could "forgive" the arrears if she wanted to. But I wouldn't just take her at her word, I would get it in writting if I were you. However, she does not HAVE to forgive the arrearage.

Comment

Working...
            X