16 yr old dating a 19yr old. New Mexico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 yr old dating a 19yr old. New Mexico

Im 16 and dating a 19 yr old. we have been dating for awhile now, and i was wondering if she could get in any kinda of trouble with the law. We havent had any sexaul contact or anything like that with each other and i was wondering if she could still get in trouble if her mom was to call the cops? her mom doesnt approve of her dating a 16 year old. And her mom thinks that she can tell her who she can and cannot date. And she doesnt even live with her parents anymore. Can anyone help me out???

Originally posted by dontnowhat2do
    Im 16 and dating a 19 yr old. we have been dating for awhile now, and i was wondering if she could get in any kinda of trouble with the law. We havent had any sexaul contact or anything like that with each other and i was wondering if she could still get in trouble if her mom was to call the cops? her mom doesnt approve of her dating a 16 year old. And her mom thinks that she can tell her who she can and cannot date. And she doesnt even live with her parents anymore. Can anyone help me out???
    The age of consent in NM is 17. Therefore, NO SEX. (I know, you already said that, just reinforcing it for you. ) However, there are no laws against dating. As long as YOUR parents give their consent for you to DATE her, this is fine. She is a legal adult, and her mother has no legal say unless she knows her daugter is committing a crime.

How is everything else going for you?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

[QUOTE=mommyof4]The age of consent in NM is 17. Therefore, NO SEX. (I know, you already said that, just reinforcing it for you. ) However, there are no laws against dating. As long as YOUR parents give their consent for you to DATE her, this is fine. She is a legal adult, and her mother has no legal say unless she knows her daugter is committing a crime.

How is everything else going for you?[/QUOTE

We are not going to have sex. I know her parents cant do anything inless she knows there is sexaul contact or anything. Her parents know she is dating a 16 yr old but my parent on the other hand dont know that im dating a 19 yr. i want to tell them so bad so im not like keeping a secret from them but im afraid that they are going to like think different of me and they are going to make us break up. So im scared to tell my parents. I dont know what to do??

Comment

[QUOTE=dontnowhat2do]
        Originally posted by mommyof4
        The age of consent in NM is 17. Therefore, NO SEX. (I know, you already said that, just reinforcing it for you. ) However, there are no laws against dating. As long as YOUR parents give their consent for you to DATE her, this is fine. She is a legal adult, and her mother has no legal say unless she knows her daugter is committing a crime.

How is everything else going for you?[/QUOTE

We are not going to have sex. I know her parents cant do anything inless she knows there is sexaul contact or anything. Her parents know she is dating a 16 yr old but my parent on the other hand dont know that im dating a 19 yr. i want to tell them so bad so im not like keeping a secret from them but im afraid that they are going to like think different of me and they are going to make us break up. So im scared to tell my parents. I dont know what to do??
        It is not a good idea to keep this a secret from your parents. If you are honest and open with them, they are much more likely to give some serious thought to this relationship before coming to a decision. On the other hand, if you DON'T tell them, and they find out from someone else (her mother) they are much more likely to assume the worst and forbid it. If they say no, that is as far as this can go. If she continues to contact you after your parents have said no, they can try to put a restraining order against her. If the order is granted, and she breaks it, she can face criminal charges. If you love this girl, you do not want to have a relationship in secret. You should be strong enough to be honest. That is a sign that you do posess the maturity to be involved in this relationship.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

I know its not good keeping this from them but im afraid to tell my parents. I doubt my parents will put a restraining order on her but i do love her and i dont want anything bad to happen between us and my parents and i. but im to scared to tell them. Whats a good way to tell my parents??

Comment

I know its not good keeping this from them but im afraid to tell my parents. I doubt my parents will put a restraining order on her but i do love her and i dont want anything bad to happen between us and my parents and i. but im to scared to tell them. Whats a good way to tell my parents??
            Mom, Dad, can we sit down and talk about something that is very important to me? Then just tell them. Do not be defiant or "snotty". Handle this in a mature, respectful manner. Tell them that you value their support and feelings, and you would really appreciate the same in return. Ask them to take the time to consider this before they come to a final decision. Expect to be able to answer any of their questions openly and completely. Also, they may agree that you can continue to see her in their presence or as a friends only relationship until you are of legal age. Remember that while you may not like their decision or any restrictions they place on the relationship, you have a much better chance of changing their minds in the future if you handle this in a mature, calm and rational manner. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Who knows, they may surprise you.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

THats the thing i dont want the worst to happen. But i guess i wont know until i tell them. Im just scared because i dont want a "just as friends" relationship.

Comment

THats the thing i dont want the worst to happen. But i guess i wont know until i tell them. Im just scared because i dont want a "just as friends" relationship.
                I know. Now, reread the last few sentences of my post. Good luck.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

i did read those. but who knows you may be right?

Comment

new mexico

the age of consent in mew mexico is 13- if you are age 13-16 you can legally have sex with some one no more than 4 years older than you, go to www.moraloutrage.net/

Comment

Not only is the poster almost 6 months old, but you are still preaching from the same pedophiliac hymnal.

The age of consent in New Mexico is 17. There is a cushion defense as long as both parties are under 18. This is not the case here.
                      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

nm

criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree consists of all criminal sexual penetration: not defined in subsections C through E of this section perpetrated on a child thirteen to sixteen years of age when the perpertrator is at least eighteen years of age and at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child. that means a 13 year old can be with a 17 year old, and as long as the person is no more than four years older AND eighteen, that it's not a crime

Comment

Originally posted by youngmom4909 View Post
                          criminal sexual penetration in the fourth degree consists of all criminal sexual penetration: not defined in subsections C through E of this section perpetrated on a child thirteen to sixteen years of age when the perpertrator is at least eighteen years of age and at least four years older than the child and not the spouse of that child. that means a 13 year old can be with a 17 year old, and as long as the person is no more than four years older AND eighteen, that it's not a crime
                          the 19 year old is not commiting a crime

Comment

Working...
                          X