Blood test; please help Nevada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood test; please help Nevada

I recently moved to Reno, NV from Las vegas, NV. A woman who I had relations with before I moved sent me a message saying she was pregnant and the kid was mine. Nearly 4 months later she wrote me again saying it was not mine, the dates did not match up. Though to my records and memory they do. Now she is denying me a blood test and saying she will give it up for adoption before I can get one. Is she legally allowed to do that? If I want a blood test can I print the original message she sent to me and demand one? I was assured by my family I would be able to get one though I am not sure they know what they are talking about. It would seem that if there may be a chance I have a daughter walking around it would be my right to know.

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I am allowed a blood test when should I go down? Before its born or around the due date and wait? How would I find out when if she dose not contact me?

You will need to file to establish paternity once the child is born.

Here is the NV statute on termination of parental rights in a situation you are possibly facing.

NRS 128.085 Petition by mother of unborn child: Notice to father or putative father; time of hearing. When the mother of an unborn child files a petition for termination of the fatherís parental rights, the father or putative father, if known, shall be served with notice of the hearing in the manner provided for in NRS 128.060, 128.070 and 128.080. The hearing shall not be held until the birth of the child or 6 months after the filing of the petition, whichever is later.
    Last edited by mommyof4; 04-18-2008, 04:25 AM.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

You can also check to see if either state has a putitive father's registry. If they do, you should register.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
        You can also check to see if either state has a putitive father's registry. If they do, you should register.
        Nevada does not. I did check on that. They are both still in NV, just different cities.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Working...
        X