Weird Situation But I need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Situation But I need help!

Alright I guess its not as weird as you may think it is.. But its complicated.

My girlfriend ended up getting pregnant this summer while she was out here visiting her mom (I am the daddy) But the problem is, is that he dad has "physical" custody over her (I believe thats what it is called) And she turns 18 here in 1 month, on December 8th.

Her Dad and step mom are trying to tell us that we can get married right now (we are both minors) and that we would have to live apart from each other untill the baby is born.

Well if Im not mistaken Marriage is a form of emancipation in Nevada and in California (she resides in california, and I reside in vegas)

But with her dad having physical custody over her, and her mom still having custody. Only one parent has to consent to marriage in either state. And with that being done she would be emancipated right??

But with that happening will her dad be able to tell her where and where she can not live? Like her mom offered us a place to live. But she said her dad would not allow it? Is this possible with split custody??

Sorry im just trying to figure this out..
    I appreciate any help
    Orange Tribal 2006 Honda Cbr600RR

"I'm old enough to know the difference between Right and Wrong... I'm just to young to give a ****."

I never thought--never in this life--that I would be a statistic.

What are your ages? Yes if married you become emancipated
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
      What are your ages? Yes if married you become emancipated
      16 and 17. She is 18 On Jan 8 and im 17 on March 7..

With this happening her dad cant tell her where she can and cannot live correct?
      He is giving up his parental rights, and the contract of custody correct?

"I'm old enough to know the difference between Right and Wrong... I'm just to young to give a ****."

Comment

Since you are both minors both set of parents must give consent to allow you two to wed. Second in at least CA it is illegal to have sex at your current ages. Which means a protective order could be placed on either or both of you forcing you two to not see each other
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
          Since you are both minors both set of parents must give consent to allow you two to wed. Second in at least CA it is illegal to have sex at your current ages. Which means a protective order could be placed on either or both of you forcing you two to not see each other
          It happened in Nevada

Comment

Is there a way where we could get married without parental consent?
            I dont think there is.. But its worth asking...

Comment

No, there isn't.

And I wouldn't have sex or any other physical contact with the girl in California until you are married.
              Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
              X