Adult child eviction notice? Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult child eviction notice? Maryland

Last year I purchased a house with my fiancée. We are both on the deed and mortgage. Her 23 year daughter has and apartment at college in Baltimore but she gets some of her mail here also. She plans to come and live here for a while after she graduates school in May. However, before we bought the house I made it clear that I would live with two grown woman and my fiancée agreed. Now they are trying to have her stay until after grad school, or until she is 30 (7 more years).

Can I legally keep her daughter out of house if my ex-fiancée does not agreed? If so, how should I go about serving notice that she must be out no later than July 1, 2009?

If you are both co-owners of the home, either one of you can have whomever you choose live in it. If you cannot agree on who should live in the home, it may be time for one of you to buy the other person out.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Does the fact that she has another residence help? Since she has only been here during school breaks does that count as living here?

Thanks

Comment

If your asking if your ex-fiancee can still choose to allow her daughter to live in the house, the answer is yes.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Two weeks ago I became the sole owner of the property and now I want to get both of them out. She refuses to leave and I know she plans to have her daughter come and visit from school soon. I live in PG County, MD. Monday night she threatened to call the police and clime that I tried to rape her. How can I protect myself legally?

Comment

Originally posted by TrappedMD View Post
            Two weeks ago I became the sole owner of the property and now I want to get both of them out. She refuses to leave and I know she plans to have her daughter come and visit from school soon. I live in PG County, MD. Monday night she threatened to call the police and clime that I tried to rape her. How can I protect myself legally?
            You'll have to go to your local courthouse and file for a legal eviction.

Comment

Thanks. That is was I may ahve to do.

Comment

Working...
              X