Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Divorce or Not

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:01:35 GMT, "A Man" <[email protected]> wrote:
    Why is it that soooo many people falsely think that bringing kids into thisworld will save their marriage and/or create that missing link to eternalbliss?
    Well, I think people believe this because it is a myth that many
    cultures push.

-----
    Kim/Dreamspinner3
    Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:01:35 GMT, "A Man" <[email protected]> wrote:
      Why is it that soooo many people falsely think that bringing kids into thisworld will save their marriage and/or create that missing link to eternalbliss?
      Well, I think people believe this because it is a myth that many
      cultures push.

-----
      Kim/Dreamspinner3

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:04:32 -0500, "JWB"
        <[email protected]> wrote:
        "Jason" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]
        Now if things keep going the way they have been, I can't see myself being with her for the rest of my life. To top things off, we are trying to have kids.
        Holy ****, are people really this stupid?????
        Yes, sadly they are.

-----
        Kim/Dreamspinner3

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:04:32 -0500, "JWB"
          <[email protected]> wrote:
          "Jason" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]
          Now if things keep going the way they have been, I can't see myself being with her for the rest of my life. To top things off, we are trying to have kids.
          Holy ****, are people really this stupid?????
          Yes, sadly they are.

-----
          Kim/Dreamspinner3

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:30:04 -0600, [email protected]
            (Supercalifragil Isticexpialidocius) wrote:
            Actually, studies prove that there is a higher chance of divorce forthose who lived together first.
            Those studies tend to be flawed because they don't ask the question
            "Why did you get married?" In the same way that some couples have
            children to try to mend a failing marriage, couples who are living
            together often seem to get married as a way to try to mend a failing
            relationship.
            This is why its important to wait to get married. So you can grow,mature, and discover yourself deeper.
            I completely agree with this sentiment.
            I think its time to sit down with your wife and take a hard look at yourmarriage. Then, work on it before you bring kids into the world ---bringing kids into the world should NOT be done to hopefully improve themarriage troubles you have currently. I would strongly urge you not tohave kids until your marriage is turned around and until you have givenit a few more years of testing.
            Again, completely agree.

Julie S

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:30:04 -0600, [email protected]
              (Supercalifragil Isticexpialidocius) wrote:
              Actually, studies prove that there is a higher chance of divorce forthose who lived together first.
              Those studies tend to be flawed because they don't ask the question
              "Why did you get married?" In the same way that some couples have
              children to try to mend a failing marriage, couples who are living
              together often seem to get married as a way to try to mend a failing
              relationship.
              This is why its important to wait to get married. So you can grow,mature, and discover yourself deeper.
              I completely agree with this sentiment.
              I think its time to sit down with your wife and take a hard look at yourmarriage. Then, work on it before you bring kids into the world ---bringing kids into the world should NOT be done to hopefully improve themarriage troubles you have currently. I would strongly urge you not tohave kids until your marriage is turned around and until you have givenit a few more years of testing.
              Again, completely agree.

Julie S

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

JWB <[email protected]> wrote:
                "longshot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                your kidding right? most people spend their whole lives working.. why does a person work? for the money.
                If I worked solely for the money, I would have chosen a higher-paying profession. But I work for pleasure too. If I had millions, I'd still do the same work I'm doing now.
                My dad says there are two kinds of jobs:

(1) the kind that pay well; and
                (2) the kind you enjoy.

and I think he's right for most people. I'm a patent attorney, and that
                *can* pay well, but not if you work the hours I work. If I worked long
                hours, I wouldn't like my job anymore.

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

your kidding right? most people spend their whole lives working.. why does a person work? for the money.
                  If I worked solely for the money, I would have chosen a higher-paying profession. But I work for pleasure too. If I had millions, I'd still do the same work I'm doing now.
                  My dad says there are two kinds of jobs:

(1) the kind that pay well; and
                  (2) the kind you enjoy.

and I think he's right for most people. I'm a patent attorney, and that
                  *can* pay well, but not if you work the hours I work. If I worked long
                  hours, I wouldn't like my job anymore.

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

"Emma Anne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                    news:1gsfv3a.1l9p5mz1p2nav3N%[email protected]
                    My dad says there are two kinds of jobs: (1) the kind that pay well; and (2) the kind you enjoy. and I think he's right for most people. I'm a patent attorney, and that *can* pay well, but not if you work the hours I work. If I worked long hours, I wouldn't like my job anymore.
                    I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I
                    grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be
                    quite adept at... apparently, I'm capable of rubbing people the wrong way

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

news:1gsfv3a.1l9p5mz1p2nav3N%[email protected]
                      My dad says there are two kinds of jobs: (1) the kind that pay well; and (2) the kind you enjoy. and I think he's right for most people. I'm a patent attorney, and that *can* pay well, but not if you work the hours I work. If I worked long hours, I wouldn't like my job anymore.
                      I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I
                      grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be
                      quite adept at... apparently, I'm capable of rubbing people the wrong way

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

"Emma Anne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1gsfv3a.1l9p5mz1p2nav3N%[email protected]
                        "longshot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] > your kidding right? most people spend their whole lives working.. why > does > a > person work? for the money. If I worked solely for the money, I would have chosen a higher-paying profession. But I work for pleasure too. If I had millions, I'd still do the same work I'm doing now.
                        I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be quite adept at...
                        I don't get fired, but I do get out of there. Like you, I much prefer
                        to work for myself.
                        apparently, I'm capable of rubbing people the wrong way
                        No way! :-)

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

"Emma Anne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1gsfv3a.1l9p5mz1p2nav3N%[email protected]
                          "longshot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] > your kidding right? most people spend their whole lives working.. why > does > a > person work? for the money. If I worked solely for the money, I would have chosen a higher-paying profession. But I work for pleasure too. If I had millions, I'd still do the same work I'm doing now.
                          I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be quite adept at...
                          I don't get fired, but I do get out of there. Like you, I much prefer
                          to work for myself.

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

news:1gshgil.1uovzpnqcj1thN%[email protected]
                            I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be quite adept at... I don't get fired, but I do get out of there. Like you, I much prefer to work for myself.

I would try and get fired when it got to a breaking point, because a few
                            months of an unemployment check means I can liesurly plot my next move

stunning, huh?

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

news:1gshgil.1uovzpnqcj1thN%[email protected]
                              I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be quite adept at... I don't get fired, but I do get out of there. Like you, I much prefer to work for myself.

I would try and get fired when it got to a breaking point, because a few
                              months of an unemployment check means I can liesurly plot my next move

stunning, huh?

Comment

• To Divorce or Not

"JWB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                                news:[email protected]
                                "Emma Anne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1gshgil.1uovzpnqcj1thN%[email protected]
                                JWB <[email protected]> wrote: I couldn't stand the thought of disliking my job. I've had a few jobs that I grew to hate, and I either quit or got myself fired (which I've proven to be quite adept at... I don't get fired, but I do get out of there. Like you, I much prefer to work for myself.
                                I would try and get fired when it got to a breaking point, because a few months of an unemployment check means I can liesurly plot my next move
                                I thought that if you were fired for cause that you would not get
                                unemployment. I guess I thought wrong.
                                stunning, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X