X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Divorce or Not

"longshot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    you realize that having kids will have you making the hugest possiblepayments to your future ex-wife for the next 20 years, right? That's not what you should be thinking about. But really, kids bring an amazing amount of stress to a relationship. It might seem better at first, but it will *most likely* only get worse. Take it from someone who did just that... although not on purpose. --Brian
    your kidding right? most people spend their whole lives working.. why does a person work? for the money. granted I could raise my kids pretty well (financially) if they lived in my house, instead I have to pay for 2 households. see my point, yet?
    Longshot, not everyone is as hyper motivated by money as you are. Some of us
    see it merely as a means to an end.... whatever our end is.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:18:14 -0500, "longshot"
      <[email protected]> wrote:
      If you're talking alimony, I'd do jail time before I'd pay some ***** to screw someone else. No way.no.. there's no alimony in Indiana, it's built into the child support.Basically , 2 kids means your ex get 1/3 of your income, she gets it taxfree based on your GROSS pay. 3 or more kids & she can get about to 1/2.granted, i make considerably more than her, but mostly because I work 60 hrsa week & she works 30. I am responsibly for making the kids equallycomfortable in both households.nice huh?LS
      Well, I guess that marks Indiana off my list of states to live in. =)
      I'm not sure what the laws are here in Maryland.

--Brian

Comment

To Divorce or Not

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:18:14 -0500, "longshot"
        <[email protected]> wrote:
        If you're talking alimony, I'd do jail time before I'd pay some ***** to screw someone else. No way.no.. there's no alimony in Indiana, it's built into the child support.Basically , 2 kids means your ex get 1/3 of your income, she gets it taxfree based on your GROSS pay. 3 or more kids & she can get about to 1/2.granted, i make considerably more than her, but mostly because I work 60 hrsa week & she works 30. I am responsibly for making the kids equallycomfortable in both households.nice huh?LS
        Well, I guess that marks Indiana off my list of states to live in. =)
        I'm not sure what the laws are here in Maryland.

--Brian

Comment

To Divorce or Not

[email protected] (Supercalifragil Isticexpialidocius) writes:
          'Keep in mind I have a religious family so living together was a no no (which now I realize would of been great to "test" each other).' Actually, studies prove that there is a higher chance of divorce for those who lived together first.
          But they don't show that living together has any causative effect.

(snip)

Comment

To Divorce or Not

[email protected] (Supercalifragil Isticexpialidocius) writes:
            'Keep in mind I have a religious family so living together was a no no (which now I realize would of been great to "test" each other).' Actually, studies prove that there is a higher chance of divorce for those who lived together first.
            But they don't show that living together has any causative effect.

(snip)

Comment

To Divorce or Not

Longshot, not everyone is as hyper motivated by money as you are. Some of
              us
              what exactly does all that mean?

Comment

To Divorce or Not

us

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"Stephanie Stowe" <> >
                  You seem to be hyper-focused on money. Your whole marriage definition
                  seems
                  to be about allocating financial resources. Some of us marry for love and companionship and such.
                  nah, I don't mean to come across that way, but in a situation of "should I
                  stay or should I go" it has to be a huge factor. IMO many couples stay
                  together unhappily married , simply for financial reasons. don't you think
                  many women who have chosen to be the stay at home MOM for many years would
                  struggle tremendously on their own? isn't that a pretty good reason to stay
                  with a good provider that you not love? what are other options? move back in
                  with your Mom? live a life in subsidized housing using food stamps & soup
                  kitchens... or act like you love this guy that pays the bills.. maybe fake
                  a few orgasms & smile.

I think it's real world for many.

LS

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"Stephanie Stowe" <> >
                    seems
                    to be about allocating financial resources. Some of us marry for love and companionship and such.
                    nah, I don't mean to come across that way, but in a situation of "should I
                    stay or should I go" it has to be a huge factor. IMO many couples stay
                    together unhappily married , simply for financial reasons. don't you think
                    many women who have chosen to be the stay at home MOM for many years would
                    struggle tremendously on their own? isn't that a pretty good reason to stay
                    with a good provider that you not love? what are other options? move back in
                    with your Mom? live a life in subsidized housing using food stamps & soup
                    kitchens... or act like you love this guy that pays the bills.. maybe fake
                    a few orgasms & smile.

I think it's real world for many.

LS

Comment

To Divorce or Not

us
                      You seem to be hyper-focued on money. Your whole marriage definition seems
                      to be about allocating financial resources. Some of us marry for love and
                      companionship and such.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

news:381[email protected]
                        us
                        You seem to be hyper-focued on money. Your whole marriage definition seems
                        to be about allocating financial resources. Some of us marry for love and
                        companionship and such.

Comment

To Divorce or Not

Is this for real? Let's assume for a moment that I became a stay at home
                          mom
                          today. Let's further assume I get divorced 5 years from now. Did I become stupid in those 5 years? I think not. I can do anything I need to do
                          today,
                          and I will be able to do anything I need to do in 5 years. I will not need to move in with my mother. I *would* like to be a stay at home Mom. For reasons other than sitting on my arse and eating bon-bons. That does not mean that I am suddenly incapable of getting a good paying job.

I think the 5 years off makes you unemployable in a lucrative position. IOW
                          : you start over at the bottom
                          I think it's real world for many. Which has what to do with where the OP finds himself?
                          not much at all, I think we have strayed from that considerably. )

Comment

To Divorce or Not

Is this for real? Let's assume for a moment that I became a stay at home
                            mom
                            today. Let's further assume I get divorced 5 years from now. Did I become stupid in those 5 years? I think not. I can do anything I need to do
                            today,
                            and I will be able to do anything I need to do in 5 years. I will not need to move in with my mother. I *would* like to be a stay at home Mom. For reasons other than sitting on my arse and eating bon-bons. That does not mean that I am suddenly incapable of getting a good paying job.

I think the 5 years off makes you unemployable in a lucrative position. IOW
                            : you start over at the bottom
                            I think it's real world for many. Which has what to do with where the OP finds himself?
                            not much at all, I think we have strayed from that considerably. )

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"Stephanie Stowe" <> >
                              seems
                              nah, I don't mean to come across that way, but in a situation of "should I stay or should I go" it has to be a huge factor.

Why? If he stays, how the divorce would go would be irrelevant. Only once he
                              goes does the division of assets play a role.
                              IMO many couples stay together unhappily married , simply for financial reasons. don't you think many women who have chosen to be the stay at home MOM for many years would struggle tremendously on their own?

Staying together unhappily is not the only option. Some people have managed
                              to find a place of happiness from unhappiness. I don't know what the point
                              of the stay at home mom (why capitalize Mom like that?) struggling
                              financially in divorce has to do with much as it relates to this poster.

isn't that a pretty good reason to stay with a good provider that you not love? what are other options? move back in with your Mom?
                              Is this for real? Let's assume for a moment that I became a stay at home mom
                              today. Let's further assume I get divorced 5 years from now. Did I become
                              stupid in those 5 years? I think not. I can do anything I need to do today,
                              and I will be able to do anything I need to do in 5 years. I will not need
                              to move in with my mother. I *would* like to be a stay at home Mom. For
                              reasons other than sitting on my arse and eating bon-bons. That does not
                              mean that I am suddenly incapable of getting a good paying job.
                              live a life in subsidized housing using food stamps & soup kitchens... or act like you love this guy that pays the bills.. maybe fake a few orgasms & smile. I think it's real world for many.
                              Which has what to do with where the OP finds himself?
                              LS

Comment

To Divorce or Not

"Stephanie Stowe" <> >
                                seems
                                nah, I don't mean to come across that way, but in a situation of "should I stay or should I go" it has to be a huge factor.

Why? If he stays, how the divorce would go would be irrelevant. Only once he
                                goes does the division of assets play a role.
                                IMO many couples stay together unhappily married , simply for financial reasons. don't you think many women who have chosen to be the stay at home MOM for many years would struggle tremendously on their own?

Staying together unhappily is not the only option. Some people have managed
                                to find a place of happiness from unhappiness. I don't know what the point
                                of the stay at home mom (why capitalize Mom like that?) struggling
                                financially in divorce has to do with much as it relates to this poster.

isn't that a pretty good reason to stay with a good provider that you not love? what are other options? move back in with your Mom?
                                Is this for real? Let's assume for a moment that I became a stay at home mom
                                today. Let's further assume I get divorced 5 years from now. Did I become
                                stupid in those 5 years? I think not. I can do anything I need to do today,
                                and I will be able to do anything I need to do in 5 years. I will not need
                                to move in with my mother. I *would* like to be a stay at home Mom. For
                                reasons other than sitting on my arse and eating bon-bons. That does not
                                mean that I am suddenly incapable of getting a good paying job.
                                live a life in subsidized housing using food stamps & soup kitchens... or act like you love this guy that pays the bills.. maybe fake a few orgasms & smile. I think it's real world for many.
                                Which has what to do with where the OP finds himself?
                                LS

Comment

Working...
                                X