Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland question

Hello,
    New here. The situation is this: 12 yr. old stepdaughter lives with her father and I in MD (for last 2 years). Mother lives in another state and does not pay support of any kind. Father does not have any custody rights to child as he gave them up during horrible and contentious divorce yrs. ago. We are paying huge support to mother and cannot afford to do so any more, bc child lives with us and has special educational and emotional needs. We cannot afford a lawyer. Mother insisted we take daughter bc she could " not deal with her". Where do we start? Mother does not visit child and child is happy here.

Originally posted by jmtbalto View Post
    Hello,
    New here. The situation is this: 12 yr. old stepdaughter lives with her father and I in MD (for last 2 years). Mother lives in another state and does not pay support of any kind. Father does not have any custody rights to child as he gave them up during horrible and contentious divorce yrs. ago. We are paying huge support to mother and cannot afford to do so any more, bc child lives with us and has special educational and emotional needs. We cannot afford a lawyer. Mother insisted we take daughter bc she could " not deal with her". Where do we start? Mother does not visit child and child is happy here.
    Dad needs to file a change of cutody order and to stop his CS and request support from Mom.
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Working...
    X