15 vs 18 Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 vs 18 Maryland

What is the law in maryland regarding 18 and 15 year olds, less than 3 years. I know the age of consent is 16. But I also know that many states have age buffers for people under the age of consent. What's the deal with maryland? And if someone is under the age of conesnt does that mean they are untouchable? Thanks.

Basically, the age of consent is the line where statutory rape charges can be assessed. (http://dictionary.laborlawtalk.com/Age_of_consent)

If you are within 3 years of each other (Maryland has a 4 year cushion, actually), your proximity in age can be seen as an affirmative defense.

Having said all that, how do her parents feel about the relationship. Because the state is okay with your fooling around doesn't mean you don't have to listen to your parents.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

so it IS legal for my boyfriend and i to be together. he is 18 and i am 15. i need to get this settled with my parents.

Comment

You did not pay attention to what cyjeff said. Your parents have authority to forbid contact regardless of what laws says about consent
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Just for the record... I never said that the parents weren't the law.

I just said that it took statutory rape off the table.

All that does is change the decades he would spend in prison to years.

If you guys have been dating for 9 months and you are just going to talk to your parents about it now, your adult boyfriend is in a world of hurt.

That means that you started dating at 14. If he kissed you on your very first date after the video hook up, he gets to go to prison.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

me and my girl

i am going to be 18 on may 22 of 2008, and she will be 16 on september 20 of 2008. so right now she is 15 and i am 17 what is the true rules and can i get in trouble and what are the laws about when she is 16 and i am 18

now she is also three weeks pregnant and wat are the laws on that and when she does have the baby do all the statchetory rape stuff go away then
            Last edited by shwartznegro22; 02-26-2008, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Are you kidding? Do you seriously suggest that getting a girl pregnant is a good way to make potential charges GO AWAY? Heck, you've just PROVEN that you were having sex before she could legally consent to it. You haven't made the charges go away, you've given the state all the proof they need to put you away.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It is also important to state that if you had sex with her when she was 14, then your life is pretty much over.

We are talking class "A" felony with decades of jail time per act.

I wouldn't count on meeting your child until he/she graduates from college.

Comment

statchetory rape stuff
                  If you don't even know the legal term, that says VOLUMES about how prepared you and this child are to be in a 'mature' relationship.

My advice...seek out the counsel of a good criminal atty.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

The time to ask the question of "should I have sex with a little girl" is BEFORE you do it.

The answer is always no.

Comment

me and my girl

no she was fifteen and like and sh decided to have sex after like 6months of going out and i was 17 and we did and we thought she was pregnant but then she wasnt so its all good but her mom says we can still date and is allowing it along with my moms and i dont live with my dad so we only have to worry about her dad now if her mom gives consent can her dad still press charges...

Comment

Maybe if I put this into your language.

Like, yes, her like dad can like press charges when you like schtup his like minor daughter.

Dude, if you are like so stupid you like can't figure out how like a condom works, You shouldn't be like having sex. Ever.

Based on your grammar, you should do the communal gene pool a favor and NEVER have sex with ANYONE ever again.

Comment

Working...
                        X