Dating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating

Im 18 and I was wondering how many years younger i can date?

Confused, I'm moving your post to it's own new thread. You added your question to another's poster's thread from 2007. I assume your state is Maine since you posted your question in a thread that was in the Maine family law forum.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The answer to your question depends on the parents of the individuals you want to date. There is no law, in ANY state, that spells out at what ages an individual may DATE - the law only dictates at what ages an individual may have sexual contact.

Therefore, if the person you wish to date, who we may assume from your question is younger than you, has the permission of his/her parents to date you, you may, regardless of his/her age. If he/she does not have that permission, you may not. Period.

Assuming that the answer is yes, you may, THEN we would need to know exactly how much older you are before we could tell you if sexual contact was permissible. Please note that sexual contact is NOT limited to intercourse.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Are you crazy? All the parents have to do is change their mind and report you, and you're in jail. Stick with girls 18 and older, and leave the jail bait alone.
        I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

cbg gave you the correct answer to your question but you might want to seriously consider what Alice said.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X