Paternity testing rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paternity testing rights

40 year old male - I had been in a yo-yo relationship that started a year ago. When I left her in May which some of the reasoning was she had plans to get pregnant sooner than we had set our goals & felt we had issues. After a few months of discussion we got back together. Between that time she had been dating two other men. She is pregnant and is confident that it is my child. The evidence that she is giving me for time tables are off about a month before me. I do not wish this woman raising my child but I need to know if it is mine. I work at sea and would need to find a regular job if I wish to have full custody. However, I do not wish to switch careers before I know for sure. Is there any way possible for me to force a paternity test? I'd hate to change careers and find out that the child isn't mine. I'm making 6 figures so I'm the obvious choice.

Originally posted by Nautic View Post
    40 year old male - I had been in a yo-yo relationship that started a year ago. When I left her in May which some of the reasoning was she had plans to get pregnant sooner than we had set our goals & felt we had issues. After a few months of discussion we got back together. Between that time she had been dating two other men. She is pregnant and is confident that it is my child. The evidence that she is giving me for time tables are off about a month before me. I do not wish this woman raising my child but I need to know if it is mine. I work at sea and would need to find a regular job if I wish to have full custody. However, I do not wish to switch careers before I know for sure. Is there any way possible for me to force a paternity test? I'd hate to change careers and find out that the child isn't mine. I'm making 6 figures so I'm the obvious choice.
    You have to wait until the babay is born. Then file in court to establish paternity and request a DNA test. The court will order the test and your ex will have to obey that order.

As for filing for full custody, you'll need to prove, in court, that the mother is legally unfit. If you can't prove that, you'll most likely recieve some form of joint custody.

Comment

Working...
    X