I'm 16 and the guy I'm interested in is 33 Maine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 16 and the guy I'm interested in is 33 Maine

Okay, so I'm not looking for opinions, just plain old facts. The man I'm interested in and I have been talking and we want to make sure we're legal before we date. I'm 16 and he's 33...is that illegal. So far we've found nothing against it, only we can't be sexually active till I'm 18.

Originally posted by elizabeth16 View Post
    Okay, so I'm not looking for opinions, just plain old facts. The man I'm interested in and I have been talking and we want to make sure we're legal before we date. I'm 16 and he's 33...is that illegal. So far we've found nothing against it, only we can't be sexually active till I'm 18.
    GROSS!!!!! Sick! Gross! Disgusting! He is a pedophile! NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!

And also, why in the world do so many people start their sentences out with the work "okay." Is this a new form of hello or something.

And also, he can go to jail.

Comment

This is not a subject that I know much about, but, even though the idea of a 16 year old being with someone more than twice her age is disgusting, where in the laws of Maine is that not allowed?

http://janus.state.me.us/legis/statu...-Ach0sec0.html
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

What do your parents think about this man and allowing you to have a relationship with him? In addition to the state statutes, YOU have another governing body. That would be your parents. Their rules are iron clad as far as you are concerned.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by ScottB View Post
          This is not a subject that I know much about, but, even though the idea of a 16 year old being with someone more than twice her age is disgusting, where in the laws of Maine is that not allowed?

http://janus.state.me.us/legis/statu...-Ach0sec0.html
          It is allowed for them to talk, etc. It's not allowed for them to do anything other than talk, which is what could send him to jail.

Get ready for the "we're not going to do anything sexual, I swear!" rant, by the way.

Title 17, Part 2: SUBSTANTIVE OFFENSES
          Chapter 12: SEXUAL EXPLOITATION OF MINORS HEADING

"Sexually explicit conduct" means any of the following acts:
          A. A sexual act;

282. Sexual exploitation of minor
          1. A person is guilty of sexual exploitation of a minor if:
          A. Knowing or intending that the conduct will be photographed, the person intentionally or knowingly employs, solicits, entices, persuades, uses or compels another person, not that person's spouse, who is in fact a minor, to engage in sexually explicit conduct. Violation of this paragraph is a Class B crime;
          2911. Dissemination of obscene matter to minors
          1. Definitions. As used in this section, unless the context indicates otherwise, the following words shall have the following meanings.
          A. "Distribute" means to transfer possession, whether with or without consideration. [1977, c. 410, 2 (NEW).]
          B. "Exhibit" means to display for viewing by the public. [1977, c. 410, 2 (NEW).]
          C. "Matter" means any printed or written material, any picture, photograph, motion picture or other visual representation. [1983, c. 300, 2 (AMD).]
          C-1. "Minor" means a person under 18 years of age. [1983, c. 300, 3 (NEW).]
          D. "Obscene matter" means matter which:
          (1) To the average individual, applying contemporary community standards, with respect to what is suitable material for minors, considered as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest;
          (2) Depicts or describes, in a patently offensive manner, ultimate sexual acts, excretory functions, masturbation or lewd exhibition of the genitals; and
          (3) Considered as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value. [1977, c. 696, 168 (AMD); 1983, c. 300, 2, 3 (AMD).]
          2. General rule. A person is guilty of disseminating obscene matter to a minor if he knowingly distributes, or exhibits or offers to distribute or exhibit to a minor, any obscene matter declared obscene, in an action to which he was a party, pursuant to subsection 3.
          752-C. Sexual acts towards minors
          1. No limitation. Actions based upon sexual acts toward minors may be commenced at any time.
          [ 1999, c. 639, 1 (NEW); 1999, c. 639, 2 (AFF) .]
          2. Sexual acts toward minors defined. As used in this section, "sexual acts toward minors" means the following acts that are committed against or engaged in with a person under the age of majority:
          and if her parents don't want them together and she disobeys, she can be determined delinquent, have him charged with contributing to delinquency, and send her butt off to juvenile hall!!

34-A 9003. Definitions--Article III

2. Delinquent juvenile. "Delinquent juvenile" means any juvenile who has been adjudged delinquent and who, at the time the provisions of this compact are invoked, is still subject to the jurisdiction of the court that has made such adjudication or to the jurisdiction or supervision of an agency or institution pursuant to an order of such court;

Comment

Elizabeth, please ask yourself, what, OTHER THAN SEX, would a 33 year old have in common with a 16 year old?

No matter how mature you think yourself, I assure you that the age gap is far too great for there to be any other answer. No matter how much he assures you that he's not interested in sex, if he's male and breathing, he is.

And if your parents say no, then the answer is no, and no further questions need be asked. They have the final say.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Okay, while I appreciate the input, I didn't ask peoples opinions of it. I want facts. Whether people thinks it's disgusting or not doesn't matter to me, I want to know state laws. There's nothing sexual between us and we've been hanging together for two-and-a-half months now. He stops by one of the places I work nearly every day at lunch and I make him a sandwich, we talk, sometimes he takes me out to lunch. The extent of any touching between us is a hug good-bye or hello and if that is illegal than half the men in the tri-county area should be thrown in jail cause I hug absolutely everyone! I hate how everyone thinks that he must be shallow and only in it for sex, when in fact, most of what we speak about, when not discussing options, is politics, the economy, the war, school(which I'm not in), the hair-school I'm going to next fall, work, etc. Things that most teens don't talk of. I have no real intentions on finishing high-school cause the hair-school I'm attending doesn't require a degree so I'll finish this year at home and then just wait and get my G.E.D. I'm also looking into emancipation since things at home continue to decline slowly but surely. He's had the chance to sleep with me numerous times but he didn't even make an advance. We haven't even discussed it. I know it's often looked down on in society, but sometimes you just gotta deal. It's either him or a 26 year old and either way people are going to say 'ew'. I don't really date much unless I'm serious and I don't date near my age because the boys just aren't mature enough and they aren't men. They're boys and they can't even hold an intelligent conversation. Have you seen the boys coming up in my generation!? It's ridiculous!!
              Last edited by elizabeth16; 05-18-2008, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Wow, there's a mature move, dropping out of school. That'll get you real far.

I dont care if you are going to a beauty school that doesn't require a degree, you should always have a back up plan. Stay in school.

Comment

Anyone else got the soundtrack to "Grease" running through their head?

I will segment my post into the legal and the probable.

First the legal....

You are underage. Anything that arouses or excites you or anything that you do that excites or arouses your manfriend puts him in jail.

This includes but is not limited to emails, texts, letters, notes, etc. Basically, your dating relationship is limited to all of the physical contact you would have in the first pew of church on Christmas morning with your father in the pew behind you.

Anything more than that and the law "tssk tssk"'s you and jails him. A hug, in the wrong light, could be enough.

And yes, no matter how many time you do an illegal act, it is still an illegal act.

Before you ask, anyone seeing the activity could call the police. Parents, friends, people in low flying aircraft, anyone.

You will have a relationship with nothing more stimulating than a vigorous discussion of non-Euclidean geometry.

If you really think that a grown man dates a child for a relationship without any physical contact, you are not only a child but an idiot.

You are pretending you are an adult capable of making adult decisions. You are not. He is preying on you because you are a naive idiot.

Hey, if you want to play with adult toys, like sex, you better get used to people speaking to you like an adult.

Let me ask you this... you have actually offered yourself to him and he has turned you down? He actually pushed you away?

Well, no. What happened is that he said he would love to date someone with "your heart/soul/spirit", but the law says no.

Wake up.

Start by asking him how old his last three girlfriends were when he started dating them.

Then you connect your own dots.
                  Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Anyone else got the soundtrack to "Grease" running through their head?
                    "Beauty school drop ooouuutt, go back to hiiiigh schooooolll."

The whole scene instantly flashed through my mind.
                    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                    (unique up on him)
                    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                      "Beauty school drop ooouuutt, go back to hiiiigh schooooolll."
                      Nice voice. Don't give up the day job though
                      My opinions are just that and are not to be taken as legal advice.

Responses are based on life experience, personal research, and/or knowledge gained from the experts here.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelbmich View Post
                        Nice voice. Don't give up the day job though
                        Thank you, thankyouverymuch.

I can't give up the day job until my kids get grown and out of my home.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        (unique up on him)
                        (same way)

Comment

To get back to the OP....

You never answered the initial question. How do mom and dad feel about your relationship?

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                            To get back to the OP....

You never answered the initial question. How do mom and dad feel about your relationship?
                            That's because she knows that WE already know the answer and that answer is not at all helpful to her 'case'.
                            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                            (unique up on him)
                            (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                              That's because she knows that WE already know the answer and that answer is not at all helpful to her 'case'.
                              I know.

But I also like to make sure that kids that think they are grown up enough to be having sex with people in their thirties know that Mommy and Daddy can still rock their world.

Makes me all warm inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X