im 15 and dating a 19 year old Maine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im 15 and dating a 19 year old Maine

I just turned 15 last month and i just recently met this guy that is 19, we've been hanging out and he just recently told me that he really likes me and wants to go out but i dont know wat to do because my mom already thinks that im dating him for some reason (i think that she looked through my instant meassages to find that out) and she says that she already dosent like him even though she hasnt ever met him. He is really sweet and understands that we cant have sex or do anything like that. But i dont really understand wat the laws are about this so i was wondering if somebody could help explain them.

It appears to be legal, but you have to listen to your mom. AND - mom is right.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

im 15 and dating a 19 year old

ok thank you thats really good to here...yeah your probably rite

Comment

Even kissing can be labeled sexual assault. Furthermor eif Mom says you cant see him then its over.
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

adults should not be dating minors

Originally posted by Kasa15 View Post
          she says that she already dosent like him even though she hasnt ever met him.
          she doesnt have to meet him. just his age alone is enough for mom to dislike him. hes an adult who should be dating adults, not children such as yourself( and yes, you are legally a child), anyone who is uncomfortable with your relationship or sees anything that could even be remotely considered inappropriate can turn your pedophile bf into the police, and he will have a lot to answer for. my sugestion is to leave this guy alone, before he gets into serious trouble with the law.

Comment

A little extreme

Originally posted by mommyof5 View Post
            she doesnt have to meet him. just his age alone is enough for mom to dislike him. hes an adult who should be dating adults, not children such as yourself( and yes, you are legally a child), anyone who is uncomfortable with your relationship or sees anything that could even be remotely considered inappropriate can turn your pedophile bf into the police, and he will have a lot to answer for. my sugestion is to leave this guy alone, before he gets into serious trouble with the law.
            Calling this guy a pedophile is a little extreme. There is no admission of sex and their age is close and very common of people in this age group. While a parent needs to be a parent and keep tight ropes. The girl in this situation, will certainly not care about what adults have to say on this point. Where there is a will there is a way. The 19 year old needs to have the law explained to him concerning this. It is true he could end up paying the rest of his life just because he fell in love. Quite extreme and different than a much older individual taking advantage of a an individual 12 and under. What ever the case, he is taking a huge gamble, because it is the law. Doesn't make it right.
            If she loves him, she needs to keep contact, but keep from any psychical contact till she is older. In reality, does anyone here expect that will happen?

Comment

Working...
            X