Need Advice Oklahoma and Kansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice Oklahoma and Kansas

I need to explain some of the history 1st.my daughter was married young.had 3 children with this man. he was abusive and very controlling. he got custody of the children. she didnt get to see her kids much.he and his family made it hard for her considering we didnt have the funds to fight them.the 2 youngest want nothing to do with us. because they have been told we didnt want them. we live in a different state. My daughter paid child support. well the man was put in prison for drug dealing. i dont know exactly what the youngest told the courts but the oldest wantted to come to us. to make a long story short.The aunt was given custody,and my daughter's parental rights were taken away.We haven't seen or heard from them in 5 years.The oldest got a cell phone and found my number in the phonebook and called me.Come to find out shes 16 and pregant.We have a feeling shes going to run away . She hasnt said that but,,,,, She did say she wants her mom. ok heres the Question. If she shows up here,what are our rights and how can we help her? I can't do nothing!!! I need to know what we can do? And would we be accused of kidnapping.Even tho we had nothing to do with it ?
    We just need to know what to do incase she does show up on our doorstep.Hopefully she won't run and stick it out til shes 18.the second daughter is the apple of her aunts eye. In fact the aunt has told the 1 thats pregant that she cant stand her because shes looks and acts like her mother.The real reason she has them is she wanted to make sure we never got anything to do with them.All help would be appreciated!! the daughter has a job.Thank you for your time!!

Originally posted by Straberi1 View Post
    I need to explain some of the history 1st.my daughter was married young.had 3 children with this man. he was abusive and very controlling. he got custody of the children. she didnt get to see her kids much.he and his family made it hard for her considering we didnt have the funds to fight them.the 2 youngest want nothing to do with us. because they have been told we didnt want them. we live in a different state. My daughter paid child support. well the man was put in prison for drug dealing. i dont know exactly what the youngest told the courts but the oldest wantted to come to us. to make a long story short.The aunt was given custody,and my daughter's parental rights were taken away.We haven't seen or heard from them in 5 years.The oldest got a cell phone and found my number in the phonebook and called me.Come to find out shes 16 and pregant.We have a feeling shes going to run away . She hasnt said that but,,,,, She did say she wants her mom. ok heres the Question. If she shows up here,what are our rights and how can we help her? I can't do nothing!!! I need to know what we can do? And would we be accused of kidnapping.Even tho we had nothing to do with it ?
    We just need to know what to do incase she does show up on our doorstep.Hopefully she won't run and stick it out til shes 18.the second daughter is the apple of her aunts eye. In fact the aunt has told the 1 thats pregant that she cant stand her because shes looks and acts like her mother.The real reason she has them is she wanted to make sure we never got anything to do with them.All help would be appreciated!! the daughter has a job.Thank you for your time!!
    If she does show up you have to call the legal guardian, and it will help if you also notify the police.

You and your daughter also need to get a consult with an attorney, because if your daughter's rights were actually terminated by court order, you or her could be charged with kidnapping if you don't report the child coming to you.

Comment

Thank you for answering. Is there anything she can do being 16 that she can do legally to get herself out of the home where she doesn't want to be.?

Comment

Originally posted by Straberi1 View Post
        Thank you for answering. Is there anything she can do being 16 that she can do legally to get herself out of the home where she doesn't want to be.?
        No. If she is being abused or neglected, she can report the problems to CPS. But, as a minor she has no legal standing.

Comment

Working...
        X