Abandonment?!? Kansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandonment?!? Kansas

Ok, so i am new to this blog and i am very curious to see if anyone knows about my question. I had my daughter, 2 years ago. She was born in Aug, her biological father was around until Decemeber, she was just about 4 months old. Anyway, he decided "he wasn't the father". It was a very bad time for him to do this because i was going through a lot with opening a new business, being young and a new mother! Well, we have not spoke to him since December or 2004, i have been told i can sever his rights and file for abandonment, but does anyone know how to go about this or how hard it is to do?

Originally posted by mommy0809 View Post
    Ok, so i am new to this blog and i am very curious to see if anyone knows about my question. I had my daughter, 2 years ago. She was born in Aug, her biological father was around until Decemeber, she was just about 4 months old. Anyway, he decided "he wasn't the father". It was a very bad time for him to do this because i was going through a lot with opening a new business, being young and a new mother! Well, we have not spoke to him since December or 2004, i have been told i can sever his rights and file for abandonment, but does anyone know how to go about this or how hard it is to do?
    Is he the legal father?
    Meaning did he sign an affidavit of paternity or is there a court order for CS/visitation/custody which establishes him as the legal father?

Comment

Working...
    X