Loving bf needs help! Kansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving bf needs help! Kansas

Hello my name is Joshua Thuro. I'm 18 years of age. I'm engaged to Skye Shay. We need help. Her dad has been enforcing rules that are extremly unreal. Ex: if she has a grade under a C she is grounded for 9 weeks, she has a blood problem and is on birth control to corect it and her dad is making her pay for it. She is deaf and her dad is making her get a job working fast food. We have discussed emancipation, and she has told me that she wants to. We got online and looked for the way to do it but have had no luck. We have no idea how to get her emancipated. And we dont know what the requirements are for a person can be emancipated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please help us!

Originally posted by Lucid_Kard
    Hello my name is Joshua Thuro. I'm 18 years of age. I'm engaged to Skye Shay. We need help. Her dad has been enforcing rules that are extremly unreal. Ex: if she has a grade under a C she is grounded for 9 weeks, she has a blood problem and is on birth control to corect it and her dad is making her pay for it. She is deaf and her dad is making her get a job working fast food. We have discussed emancipation, and she has told me that she wants to. We got online and looked for the way to do it but have had no luck. We have no idea how to get her emancipated. And we dont know what the requirements are for a person can be emancipated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please help us!
    www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/kansas.html

Here are the statutes for emancipation in Kansas. She will need an attorney to file the petition for her. She cannot do it pro se. In short, she will have to show the court that she is fully capable of supporting herself including housing, utilities, med expenses, insurance, and any other expenses she may be responsible for. She will have to show that she is a mature person that is responsible enough to conduct her affairs in the manner that an adult is expected to conduct his or her affairs. She will not be emancipated to move in with her boyfriend or any other friend. You didn't say how old she is, but if she is 17 or older, she is better off just riding it out until she is 18. It is not a speedy process, nor is it cheap.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

A little advice: do NOT put your full name on the site. Just STOP doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by carriesguy
        dad is not doing anything illegal, forget emancipation, its not going to happen. dad dictates what she does untill she is 18, and neither of you have any say in the matter. you best be careful about trying to get her out of the house, you could face criminal charges if you do
        Kelly...Stop posting to dead threads...
        Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Working...
        X