14-year-old+18-year-old=? Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-year-old+18-year-old=? Iowa

Okay. So I'm 14 years of age. My mother and step-father say I am more mature than most at this current age. (If I seem snobby, I really am not). I am fourteen years old. I was friends with this guy, Micah, when I was in fourth grade. We were bus buds A few years later, after he started driving to school, we met again. Only this time we were five years older. We talked for a while. During that while, I asked my mother if it were okay with her that we, Micah and myself, started seeing each other. She said "No." Now, my mom is very laid back, I get my way most of the time. She said that us being together could get her in trouble as well as Micah. I, obviously, did not like this situation. My mother started becoming lenient: She let me go to the races with him, for the first time. After this, my mom started tensing up again when it came to this subject, so I cut back a bit. Now comes the gay part. I asked my mom if I could go to a movie with Micah. She replied, "No. You are grounded from him for a week." I asked why, and she came up with a lame excuse. After a while we couldn't stand not being together, ever. So I sneaked out. I really couldn't care less if we never had sex, I find it awkward. I am not a virgin, once is my record. I'm not proud or ashamed, I was ready, I knew what the consequences might have been. Sex is not a big deal, not as big a deal as most presume. Back to my "Help" question subject. Micah and I agreed that it was best for him, legally, for us to separate. Please help.

The risks are way too big its best to stay apart until you both reach age of consent
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

No, it's not even close to okay. And the fact that you snuck out to see him, after your mother forbade you to see him, shows that you're not nearly as mature as you think. Having already had sex, and thinking it means nothing, is further evidence that you don't have a clue.

Do you want to get him arrested and charged as a child molestor, and have to file as a sexual predator for the rest of his life? If your mother says no, that means no, and the police will back it up. And there are other laws besides statutory rape that are involved.

If you care at all for this guy, you'll stay out of his life. No mature 18 year old wants to hang out with a 14 year old. It's just not smart.

When you're 18 and out on your own, you can decide who to see. Right now, what your parents say is the law. Keep in mind that all your mom has to do is make the accusations and the you know what will hit the fan for your friend. Leave him alone.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelbee:) View Post
        Micah and I agreed that it was best for him, legally, for us to separate.
        Yes, you need to stay away from one another until you are 18 or you can get Micah in a lot of trouble.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

14, huh? And you have already had sex, huh?

If you became pregnant, who is gonna raise your child? You? HA!
          I don't think so!

If you have a baby, the world becomes a much worse place. You're 14. Maybe you'll be 15. You could even be 16 or 17. But unless you already graduated from school, your parents will have to help you with your baby. How mature is that of you?
          What if both your parents hold jobs? Who's gonna help you with your baby?
          Whatcha gonna do? "Get a job"? LOL! Riiiiiight! You, 14 years old. Getting a job. Maybe you'll be 15. Won't matter. because ultimately your BF gets in serious trouble, your parents could face a lot of legal trouble, your parents will face scrutiny for your actions..... did you know that until you're 18 your parents are held accountable for YOUR actions? Yep.

You see, being 14 is the easy life. You don't have to pay your own rent, buy your own food and clothes, you can go play with your friends and not lose your job. Other than cleaning your room and getting good grades in your free schooling you have few if any obligations. And you, trying to show your maturity, go out and get laid and wanna date a man that would get 12-15 years if caught screwing you.

I'm sure you'r a bright and attractive young lady. I bet you also have the chance to pull some **** good grades in school (if you aren't already). But save the adult stuff for when you become an adult. Because going from 14 to 24 is far from fun.

You may think that I'm harsh. You may think others here are harsh. We might be, but most importantly, we're talking from experience. Show your maturity by taking heed to the warnings of your elders, Shelbee.
          I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
          Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
          I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
          Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

There is even money that says the OP is in a gay relationship...
            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
              There is even money that says the OP is in a gay relationship...
              Well…

That would certainly trump the pregnancy card…..

.._______________________
              ~ The thing about getting old is your body has a way of telling you it’s time to start making decisions
              using a different part of your anatomy….

Comment

Working...
              X