Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA testing Idaho

Hello,

I need some help I was wondering if any one will know the answer to my question? How late is it to get a person to take a DNA test? I am currently in relationship with a person that is paying for child support for a child that he does not believe is his. A few years ago he did go to a lawyer and paid so much money for his services and the lawyer stated to him since he did not protest this when he first got served with the child support papers he would need to cont to pay for it. Does any one know if this is true

If your friend has been acting as a father to a child for a number of years, it may be too late to back out.

Yes, the lawyer is correct (why would you believe an internet poster over a lawyer anyway?).

Your friend would have to contest the paternity in open court. Then, he would have to pay for a DNA test if ordered (may be too late due to the above referenced emotional attachment), and present those findings back to the court.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

RENA testing in Idaho

It is not the matter of believing an internet post, it is just getting more facts to the situation. The is no emotional attachment cause he has never seen or hear from this so call child that he is paying for. The mother of the child has not even let him see his kid.

Comment

Originally posted by confused10 View Post
        It is not the matter of believing an internet post, it is just getting more facts to the situation. The is no emotional attachment cause he has never seen or hear from this so call child that he is paying for. The mother of the child has not even let him see his kid.
        Well, then, he needs to be a MAN, and assert his rights to be a father to his child. He needs to file for visitation. If mom is denying him access to him child, then he files for contempt of court.

So, is he a man or a whiner?
        Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

*sigh*

How old is the child? How old was the child when legal paternity was established?

I'm asking solely so I can post the statutes that apply so that you will see that what Moburkes, Cyjeff, AND the atty have said is correct.

Parents don't get to decide years down the road that, "hey....I don't see the kid. he costs too much. I've decided that he's not mine."
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

RENA testing in Idaho

First before you go stating to someone to be a MAN! May be you should know some of the facts FIRST!! ONE - he is paying the child support... TWO- the mother is one where to be found ( she contanstly moves). THREE- he has tried to contact her many time to see the Child. Four- Hear of the thing call MONEY.... Need that to get a lawyer to constest rights to see the CHILD...
            And other thing.... he is paying the support no way in my post did I say he was complaining about it. Also he just didn't say hey I do not think this is my child, he has be paying this for year(before I even knew him) and he is still paying for it.

Comment

if there is court ordered child support, then he is the legal father. A judge will not allow him to disestablish this paternity if it's not in the best interest of the child. It depends on how long he's been acting as the father (paying support, etc).

Comment

First before you go stating to someone to be a MAN! May be you should know some of the facts FIRST!! ONE - he is paying the child support... TWO- the mother is one where to be found ( she contanstly moves). THREE- he has tried to contact her many time to see the Child. Four- Hear of the thing call MONEY.... Need that to get a lawyer to constest rights to see the CHILD...
                And other thing.... he is paying the support no way in my post did I say he was complaining about it. Also he just didn't say hey I do not think this is my child, he has be paying this for year(before I even knew him) and he is still paying for it.
                For the ENTIRE time that he has been paying, he hasn't seen this child? You don't need a lawyer to go to court. He doesn't even need to contact the mom to go to court. He ONLY needs to contact the court system. So, 1. I never said that he WASN'T paying child support. You stated that he was, so why would I think otherwise? 2. Where she lives is not relevant at this time. 3. Contacting the mother is NOT what he needs to be doing.

So, tell me again where I went wrong in my post? Oh, never mind. You can't.

Comment

RENA testing in Idaho

Have you ever been in this type of situation? NO! Where you went wrong.. HUH let me see.... " he needs to be a MAN" and Oh yeah " So, is he a man or a whiner" That comment was not appropriate, so yes I can.

One other thing we have contact the courts,(last known address) HMMM!!!!! NOT THERE!!!! SINCE the mother moves ALOT we are not able to locate. (hmm think I said that). IT IS NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK...

Comment

If the mother is receiving support payments, then she can be found.

Comment

Have you ever been in this type of situation? NO!
                      You should really watch throwing that around, unless you know EVERYONE here personally and their stories you really cannot sit there and act like you are the only ones going through something like this.

And most times things are always easier said than done but instead of becoming hostile to those who try to help you you should calm down, use the answers given and work hard to get to where you wish to be. Acting out and having a tantrum will not only make things hard on you, but most likely impossible.

Comment

Working...
                      X